• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Ive never had dealings with vvrc but have heard good things about them. Sometimes they will have a sale and you can get dles cheap

So I am revitalizing a used DLE 55 I bought from an RCG forum member. This engine was used to compete in the King 50 in 2012. The previous owner said it seemed to be running hot and doing annoying things like dying in a hover. So after lots of flawless performance it is showing some signs of wear.

I put in an order to VVRC yesterday for bearings, gasket set, and a carb kit. The motor has great compression so I don't feel the ring need to be replaced. Anyway, after talking to some friends one of them suggested I check the wrist-pin and needle bearing. He said I'd be able to feel it but since I'm a noob I don't have confidence that I would be able to tell the difference... so I looked up the parts and saw that they are only $2.99 each at tower. I find it easier to look at tower for some reason but I like the service at VVRC. And... since I already had an order there that hadn't shipped yet I called Tammy at the crack of dawn this morning to see if she could add those parts to my existing order before it ships.

She told me that they only sell the wrist-pin as part of the piston assembly. This whole time she is looking through spare parts bins etc. I could hear her searching lol. Then she says, "oh, here is a used one... I'll just toss it in the box before it gets sealed." Then she found the needle bearing a few moments later and added that part to my order for an incremental increase of only $2.99 for both parts. I just love doing business with those guys and appreciate their support a whole lot. So, shout out to the whole VVRC crew! I love to order from you and I'm sure others love as well!

That's great service! I normally order a lot of stuff through Tower as well, and last week I ordered and a receive a DLE35ra from Valley. I heard they have great service, so I figured why not especially if I ever need to send the motor in for some work. Best service!

Bipenut53

150cc
What a day!!!!

What a fantastic day yesterday!!! Had a buddy of mine invite me to fly in Wenatchee yesterday so I took him up on it! I left here at 8:30 am and got there at about 10:15, I intended to only stay till 2 or so. The last I looked at the clock it was 1:00pm so I thought "one more hour"..... The next thing I knew the darn clock said 5:30!!! Great flying conditions, field, and friends!!!! It has been years since I have lost all track of time like that!! It was worth it though, wish I had more time for days like that... Oh well got to get ready for the big weekend...... Gonna daydream about that for a long time to come....

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Nice [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION]! I'm glad you had a chance to hang out with a good group of friends for the day :)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I am at my least favorite places in all the world. First person to guess correctly will get a set of stickers! Lol