• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
32F here, temps supposed to drop to 15F by Christmas, then a few inches of that white fluffy stuff. I'm sure a lot of you don't worry about temperature cutoffs for your internal combustion engines (or fingers!) - I wont fly my non-electrics 34F and under... too hard to start and by the time you do, your fingers are too frozen to enjoy controlling your model.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
32F here, temps supposed to drop to 15F by Christmas, then a few inches of that white fluffy stuff. I'm sure a lot of you don't worry about temperature cutoffs for your internal combustion engines (or fingers!) - I wont fly my non-electrics 34F and under... too hard to start and by the time you do, your fingers are too frozen to enjoy controlling your model.

We seldom ever get into the low 30s. When we do, we wait 2-3 days and it warms back up. One of the things I enjoy about South Central Texas.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I'm on a 3 week vacation!!! Woo freaking Hoo!!!!! Got a list of fun things to do with the family and son. Starting off today with a welding project to help teach my 11. We are going to make little choppers out of all the scrap nuts bolts odds and ends stuff I can find. Did I say I was on a 3 WEEK VACATION?!?!?! Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo

Oh and it's suppose to be a white Christmas here in Eugene!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Well I'm on a 3 week vacation!!! Woo freaking Hoo!!!!! Got a list of fun things to do with the family and son. Starting off today with a welding project to help teach my 11. We are going to make little choppers out of all the scrap nuts bolts odds and ends stuff I can find. Did I say I was on a 3 WEEK VACATION?!?!?! Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo

3 weeks! Sweet. I would be afraid I would enjoy that way too much and never go back to work.

Have fun Mike and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Bill

Bipenut53

150cc

Vacation????? I have heard of that mythical thing, I haven't seen one of those in many years... I hear they are a good thing lol ..... Congratulations Mike!!! Sounds like you are going to make the most of it... Enjoy every minute of it and merry Christmas to you and your family!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guys and the same to you both! Merry Christmas all and I hope you all have safe and fantastic holidays!

Bipenut53

150cc
Going to visit our granddaughter the day after Christmas.... Great fun for us!!! I am sure glad they invented grandchildren!!!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Going to visit our granddaughter the day after Christmas.... Great fun for us!!! I am sure glad they invented grandchildren!!!

Agreed Bipe. We have them all coming over on Saturday. Ages 10, 8, 6 and 2

aviation-christmas-eve.jpg