• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Actually, you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning TWICE. . . than winning the lottery. Having said that, your chances of winning are far better than mine if you bought a ticket to play.

Ha ha! Ya I didn't win, but neither did anybody else! Holy cow 1.3 Billion estimated jackpot!

I'm gonna have to buy another $2 ticket, lol. Holding on to the dream.... ha ha ha!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes I know the site and I too am tired of the sniveling, time to move on.

I agree as well... I've refrained from posting about it as of late... Getting tired of the whole issue and it seems like no matter what they say it's changes anyway.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I need to figure out where to post this. So here is good for now. I can move it later if necessary.

Some of you know that I am really good friends with Tom Hintz the owner of FlyingRC.net. He is a tell it like it is kind of guy and does a lot of reviews. If something is crap, he will tell you it is crap.
Anyway, Tom has Alzheimer's and one of his dreams is to fly at Joe Nall. His desire was to have build a Top Flight P-47 and fly it at Joe Nall this year. Unfortunately, the plane was outside of his budget and he had all but scrapped the plan. Then he gets an e-mail from Triple Tree asking him how "the project" is coming and that they will register him for free for the event. Tom was heart broken and didn't know how to tell them the project was scrapped. So he did the next thing he could think of, e-mail me and and another guy that lives in Dallas of his dilemma. I have known Tom for close to 10 years. He is a stand up dude. So I purchased the plane, motor, servos and retracts and had them sent to Tom so he can realize his dream. Not cheap but you can't put a price tag on friendship.

I am going to fly to Joe Nall in May and be there when he flies the plane. Anyway, I am going to keep up with Tom's build and progress towards his dream and try to keep everyone here at 3DRCForums up to date.

Bill

Wow Bill.... That's awesome. Let me know if we can help in anyway!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Next week looks interesting.

snow.JPG

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
that looks like a normal week here...

You could start a TF P47 build thread and just add photos to it labeled "Tom's P-47 Dream Machine". Just a thought. That was a really nice thing you did [MENTION=3978]wfahey415[/MENTION]