• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Trials or trails?

Observed trials. Not wheel to wheel racing. Just you, the bike, and gravity. Like flying, twisting the throttle is optional but landing is mandatory.

trials.jpg

Last edited:

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Observed trials. Not wheel to wheel racing. Just you, the bike, and gravity. Like flying, twisting the throttle is optional but landing is mandatory.

View attachment 54379
Cool. I figured that's what you meant. I competed in trials for 10 years. I had a Beta Techno, a Montessa Cota and a Sherco Bultaco. I got out because they changed the rules and you couldn't hop backwards anymore. 20160414_083100.jpg This is me down in Fairbault MN. It is 10 times better than motocross. You ride 6 hours straight 3 to 4 loops of 10 plus sections. Unlike motocross where you sit around all day waiting for your race.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I am not flying today because I have not signed up for the FAA or the AMA yet. Waiting to see how the bills in the congress and senate progress. Might go by a new Ossa or Beta and get back into trials if new laws turn against us.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I haven't been on a bike in years. Hip replacement in 2009 and knee replacement coming up in two weeks. I'm happy to fly model airplanes now.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I haven't been on a bike in years. Hip replacement in 2009 and knee replacement coming up in two weeks. I'm happy to fly model airplanes now.

I don't know how you can do it. I'd be clawing to get back onto a bike, even if it's a silly 3 wheeled one.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Cool. I figured that's what you meant. I competed in trials for 10 years. I had a Beta Techno, a Montessa Cota and a Sherco Bultaco. I got out because they changed the rules and you couldn't hop backwards anymore. View attachment 54447 This is me down in Fairbault MN. It is 10 times better than motocross. You ride 6 hours straight 3 to 4 loops of 10 plus sections. Unlike motocross where you sit around all day waiting for your race.

All that and if you fall in the first turn, you don't get used for traction!

ericrs

70cc twin V2
It's raining here in western Kansas. We've had over 4" since last night, and more on the radar headed for us this evening.