• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well no change in the weather still windy wet and the temperature is 2 degrees above freezing. Not good flying weather hopefully we get some warm weather for a week or more to get the last bit of flying in. Not ready for skis yet.
Not ready for cold weather at all need at least another month of good weather.

2 degrees above freezing? Egads! I like the low 80's yesterday and high 70's today we had here in Georgia.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No flying today it is 6 degrees below freezing and we had our first snowfall it is white everywhere. It has started to melt already when the sun came out but it does not look like there’s much flying to be had in the next 5 to6 months.

Rusty 73

100cc
Snow is starting to melt but temps are +2 in the afternoon .
Planes are the garage for the winter , i don't like flying the cold , call me old if you want but i did too much winter flying as a teenager

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Temps good down here but pretty gusty / breezy. Hope to get some Sunday :). Those who live in the frozen tundra Just think how good it will be in the late spring early summer. I'm DONE when the heat and humidity roll in :thumbsdown:.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
16F right now, plus winter solstice = 6 hours of daylight. Isn't even enough time to top charge the batteries, and put on warm clothes!! The good news is the air is still and the sky is blue, quite graceful flying weather if it wasn't for the temps!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
16F right now, plus winter solstice = 6 hours of daylight. Isn't even enough time to top charge the batteries, and put on warm clothes!! The good news is the air is still and the sky is blue, quite graceful flying weather if it wasn't for the temps!
Only 6 hours of daylight that will take some getting use to. But if there is no wing that is great flying weather make the best of it. Sometimes we have good days but it is sometimes it is impossible to get to the field because of the snow what is like by you.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Temps good down here but pretty gusty / breezy. Hope to get some Sunday :). Those who live in the frozen tundra Just think how good it will be in the late spring early summer. I'm DONE when the heat and humidity roll in :thumbsdown:.
Ok how hot does it need to get before you say forget it I am staying inside for the day sorry and humidity.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We've got about 8 solid hours of daylight here. Thankfully, the days will start getting longer....wow, as of yesterday.
:fist_pump:
I'm actually Hoping to sneak out tomorrow. Depends on how much frozen white stuff falls from the sky tonight.