• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Mike, what's the plumbing for. I do not like pex under a slab. Keep a copy of your warranty.
Can I ask why you don't like PEX in a slab? Isn't it common to use it in a slab for radiant floor heat? Just a sparky asking a plumbing question is all.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Mike had it done right, removable pex.............. Radiant heat yes but what when it fails in 20 years? Well you could abandon it. Domestic water not so much. Sleeved is the key. Even copper fails under slabs. Ugly repair work.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok had a chance just to try out the sanding box to day just for interest. Works good, one benefit that I did not think of is that the suction from the air holds the balsa sheet down . Just lay it on the box and sand it does not move, great benefit. One positive that I did not realize.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ok had a chance just to try out the sanding box to day just for interest. Works good, one benefit that I did not think of is that the suction from the air holds the balsa sheet down . Just lay it on the box and sand it does not move, great benefit. One positive that I did not realize.
One tool I’ve always wanted and never got around to building or buying one.

Spent some more time on the lathe today and pulled a page out of the Joe Pie handbook. I made a couple of small tap handles for using a tap guide on the lathe.

Attachments

• tap 3.jpg
    tap 3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 65
  • tap 4.jpg
    tap 4.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 67