• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Easy Sunday Flier is what I had in mind. I was thinking about rigging it up for towing a banner and or candy drop too. Not really sure how carried away I'll get. Stay tuned!

I hope you do get carried away cause I want to make a banner too !! I have a couple places with info to get started with, maybe !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=info+towing+banner+with+model+airplane&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://www.rcpowers.com/community/threads/rc-plane-banner-pull.15544/

Last edited:

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Just need to paint these 2 canopies then can start the corsair. Anyone got a paint code for ppl base to match deep red ultracote.
e1f30d07e645c325a2db0eb789fae101.jpg
98314c5aa6d7c59b513cc802cfd8a1aa.jpg
05680dff1c114a97cc7878bc0dc583ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It must not be snowing/raining in the snowy/rainy regions cause there's almost no banter in here! :eek:

It's been too frigging cold here to do anything RC related, have been skipping town the past few weekends to go play in the desert sun with our RZR:banana-dance:

20170128_164606.jpg

But back to RC stuff. I have 4 projects on my bench right now that I'm itching to get finished o_O The newest is this cool PopWing, got it PNP for $89 from MotionRC.

20170127_125059.jpg

This should be a quick and easy build, my co-worker got one and when I saw it I just had to have it :big-grin: I think I'll stick some lights on this one and have a night flyer, possibly for JoeNall :)

js-rc

70cc twin V2
It must not be snowing/raining in the snowy/rainy regions cause there's almost no banter in here! :eek:

It's been too frigging cold here to do anything RC related, have been skipping town the past few weekends to go play in the desert sun with our RZR:banana-dance:

View attachment 93293

But back to RC stuff. I have 4 projects on my bench right now that I'm itching to get finished o_O The newest is this cool PopWing, got it PNP for $89 from MotionRC.

View attachment 93294

This should be a quick and easy build, my co-worker got one and when I saw it I just had to have it :big-grin: I think I'll stick some lights on this one and have a night flyer, possibly for JoeNall :)

Oh, those planes are a lot of fun !! 3 of us guys in the club had those & one guy still flies his !! I would stand mine upright in the grass & take off, remember to give it down as it goes up, ha !! I saw that on a You-tube video !! Fun to light up at night too !! You will enjoy it !!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Oh, those planes are a lot of fun !! 3 of us guys in the club had those & one guy still flies his !! I would stand mine upright in the grass & take off, remember to give it down as it goes up, ha !! I saw that on a You-tube video !! Fun to light up at night too !! You will enjoy it !!

I've always had a thing for wings, always owned one as long as I can remember. It all started with a Hobby People Wild Wing that I flew for years, rebuilt 10 times over, made faster, stronger....

DSC00094.jpg

I still have it, just haven't had much of the itch to get it out and fly it since it needs new servos and a new speedo.

Then I got a slope bug and was given a Wing Warrior Ridge Runner to fool with. I had that thing dialed in before one day the wind turned to sink on the slope and bye bye she went. I haven't seen that airplane since, it was a number of years ago.
FB_IMG_1485982474755.jpg

I sure do miss that thing. I'll have to get a Windrider Bee or a Zagi 5C sometime soon, slope season is about to start up!!!

Strolled into the LHS one day and picked up this little guy. Don't recall the name of it but it spawned into the PopWing designs. Only picture I have of it, 28" WS.
PIC_1694.jpg

In my quest to find my Ridge Runner, I found this first edition of what became the NCFM Halfpipe. Apparently she was lost when the wind died, same as my RR. It's still in my possession, though I don't fly it anymore.
FB_IMG_1485982532255.jpg

And now of course I have the PopWing. Man all this talk of wings has given me the itch to get another sloper..... o_O

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170202/34f277d53d97f464ba0821e197eb9372.jpg[/IMGFun for night flying and also full contact combat. We have about 15 in our club just to have combat with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk