• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not much done on the 212 baffling. Just a bit of a start is all. This is going to be a long tedious task.
20170518_214017.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I was just trying to help you out by giving one of your girls some affection :In_love:. Harems like that need more than just a single stick ya know:banana-dance:.lol

Though I greatly appreciate the offering of your kind gesture, they all tell me I'm more than enough man and that I handle them all jussssst riiiiight.

You two crack me up. Just what I need after a 16 hour work day. . . . . .:lol2:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Spent a little more time on the Edge yesterday. Got the ignition mounted, at first I had it ontop of the motor box but I didn't realize it's too tall for the cowl, so I had to relocate it inside of the motor box.

received_10213918116093960.jpeg

20170518_194943.jpg

Hopefully it's far enough from the servo to prevent EMF. Wires all routed appropriately.

Tech Aero IBEC also installed.

20170518_194926.jpg

Just gotta get the cowl cut for mufflers and spark plug cap, then toss the receiver in it and dare I say it's ready to fly.....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Spent a little more time on the Edge yesterday. Got the ignition mounted,

Hopefully it's far enough from the servo to prevent EMF

Tanner,

I have mounted the ignition modules inside many airframes (My 87" edge being closet to thro servo @ 1" away) and NEVER had any problems . Just make sure the shielded plug wires do not touch anything metal. Looks as if you did a great job there:attaboy:.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tanner,

I have mounted the ignition modules inside many airframes (My 87" edge being closet to thro servo @ 1" away) and NEVER had any problems . Just make sure the shielded plug wires do not touch anything metal. Looks as if you did a great job there:attaboy:.

Yup no metal to metal contact anywhere, now the challenge is to snake skin all the wires and secure everything in place properly :oblong:

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Raining most the day and weekend so some time spent learning more about the DX8 G2. In the Acro menu there is a "Bipe"model / wing type too! Me like. You can set up spoilerons for those neat short landings. May just have to throw a couple of servos to the top wing of the rock star and make it "Momba" lol

I did get it out with the fix to the elevator control surface for a test flight and it was "Rock" solid.

0516171004-00.jpg
0520172220-00.jpg
20170520-225551.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Some say that the DA ignition is better than the 3W. I'm going to say this......
Greater care must be taken and excercised when mounting any 3W ignition. If you mount the ingitions with the mounting plate down, you MUST have a minimum of 1/8" for airflow. That is basically where the spark is created. Me personally, I mount them upside down, on dowel rods, giving full airflow to that area of the ignition module. If not, then you "could" develop an ignition issue 30-70 flights in.... Case in point. Happened to me and my Dalton 300 with a 157 CS/TS. Both modules mounted the way I described (upside down on dowel rods). Got a miss and poor running conditions. I decided to dam off the ignition modules, from the heat of the engine. And wouldnt ya know, the minute I did that, my issues went away....... Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm..
Thanks for that good to know. Did not realize that 3W ignition was that sensitive to heat.