• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Post maiden inspection reveals a clean bill of health and ready to move on to flight trimming and engine run in. Thanks 49 for all of the support and knowledge.
I feel as though one of my children has flown the coupe. What to build next?

Once @Terryscustom gets the Cap done I have a real good idea!

Patroller

70cc twin V2
The last week I have slowly been working on the landing gear of my brand new 60" Laser. I maddened it last week and lost power in a hover at the end of the runway. Opps! At least I was not afraid to push a new airframe. Broke the gear mounts and smashed in my brand new cowl with a really cool GSN sticker.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The last week I have slowly been working on the landing gear of my brand new 60" Laser. I maddened it last week and lost power in a hover at the end of the runway. Opps! At least I was not afraid to push a new airframe. Broke the gear mounts and smashed in my brand new cowl with a really cool GSN sticker.

Sorry to hear that @Patroller . At least your 104 did not take a swan dive dead stick. One maiden I do not want to ever have to go through again! Or any other flight for that matter :cryin:.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I am a lot more careful with my 104. The smaller laser on the other hand, gets more abuse. My original 60" laser is also on the shelf for repair. I once took that airframe off with out my ailerons plugged in. Oops! I still can't believe I landed it safely. This summer I drove it into the corner of my jeep trying to land on a relatively narrow road in Jackson Hole.

Spats

100cc
Here is what I did last night. I have made about 4 cases like this with batteries, switches, servo's, etc. for the trailer.
I have 4 GP176evo's as well as my closest flying friends so this case is a spare carb, gaskets, ignition etc.
My OCD loves to organize my trailer:dancing-chicken:

Attachments

• 20141201_162233.jpg
    20141201_162233.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 315

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Spats isn't taking no for an answer when a flying day comes!!! I know how you feel, at a huckfest if someone needs some screws, hardware or spare parts, wheels, servos, etc..... it seems like they always come to my trailer. Especially for huckfests I always pack everything needed to get a plane back in the air!

Rooman

30cc
Last nite in my workshop I retiered my trusty old faithful carden 40% edge 540, removed engine and some other stuff,
Now there is a plane for sale -

Spats

100cc
Spats isn't taking no for an answer when a flying day comes!!! I know how you feel, at a huckfest if someone needs some screws, hardware or spare parts, wheels, servos, etc..... it seems like they always come to my trailer. Especially for huckfests I always pack everything needed to get a plane back in the air!

Yea, I know you know what it's like but we love every minute of it;)

BalsaDust

Picked this up yesterday and started working on it this morning when I got home from work. DLE 55 for power. Its an old school Hobby Shack Big Stick. 106" wingspan and roughly 89" long with motor installed.
Picture included next to my 30% cap232 wing. also set a couple of my profiles on the wings for comparison.
Think I'm gonna add smoke to it and I have plenty of room. Last pics are with two different tanks. Both are FIJI water bottles. Figure the smaller tank will be plenty but might throw the big tank in there to have extra long flight times.
It takes up most of the room in the back of my truck as well.
big stick 4.JPG
big stick6.JPG

Attachments

• big stick 3.JPG
    big stick 3.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 314
  • big stick.jpg
    big stick.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 275
  • big stick2.JPG
    big stick2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 281