• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Well got the engine mounted and the holes drilled for the throttle and the choke in the firewall. Made a new arm to fit on the choke. The dam little thing that DA puts on the choke is a pain, to short and the hole to big. Now I have to build some choke mechanism in the fuselage to operate the choke, and get the throttle servo worked out.

I found those replacement arms at either Valleyview or PSP & other places really work well for me !!
Just a thought !!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the engine mounted and the holes drilled for the throttle and the choke in the firewall. Made a new arm to fit on the choke. The dam little thing that DA puts on the choke is a pain, to short and the hole to big. Now I have to build some choke mechanism in the fuselage to operate the choke, and get the throttle servo worked out.
Can you just go out the front? If you can then wire ties between two stand offs has always worked great for me. I can find a picture if you need it.

BalsaDust

SO originally I was gonna try to find myself a cheap used 100cc airframe. Decided for the time being that I should just scale down my 55cc profile and make a 30cc one as I have had a few request for one in that size. So my questions. I'm gonna spend the extra money to get the DLE35 over the 30. I have never messed with a 30cc sized bird before so what is the best 3D sized prop to use on the 35?

Also what kind of weight should I shoot for on the build? I was able to get my 55cc powered one down to 13.4 lbs minus fuel so I think I can get a 30cc sized one down to at least 11lbs but hoping closer to 10lbs. Does this sound good to others who have played in this size range before?

Last are there any quirks with the DLE35 I need to be aware of?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just my suggestion right now you have 13.4 lbs = 214.4oz and 55cc so that tells me every cc is carrying 3.89oz/cc. So if going down to 35cc you plane will have to 3.89*35=136.4 oz or 8.5 lbs.
Just taking displacement relative to load because it is the same manufacturer. This is to get the same performance.

BalsaDust

Well I will say I'm not looking for the same exact performance. I love what I get out of the 55cc one but I never expected it to come in at 13.4lbs. I was expecting right at 15 with that plane. It borders on stupid power really.

Also I know how my dle20 pulled around a 8.5lb plane which was pretty good.

JustHatched

New to GSN!
What did I do in my workshop tonight?

Well, I got a Lainer Stinger 120 that I am rebuilding, I got the fuse all sanded down and ready to fit the engine, servos, etc.. before covering. Also balanced my son's Electrostik and cleaned up the shop a little

pawnshopmike

Staff member
A friend of mine had a little mishap with his Byron Corsair a while back. He fixed the cracked up fiberglass then he brought it over to my shop today so I could touch up the paint for him. I forgot to take a before pic but here's the result. Far from perfect but she'll look good in the air.

image.jpg

image.jpg