• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok boys let me know what you think. A good friend of mine and myself have made an agreement to build a 120cc size Taylorcraft. Together we will build 2 of them. They will be scratch build we will make the drawings, cut the parts and build the two planes with some interesting design changes. My accomplice is a excellent builder and has exceptional 3D cad skills. I am thinking of doing build thread on GSN if you believe that there will be enough interest because it takes a lot of additional work to do the thread and we would really like your input, help and support.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ok boys let me know what you think. A good friend of mine and myself have made an agreement to build a 120cc size Taylorcraft. Together we will build 2 of them. They will be scratch build we will make the drawings, cut the parts and build the two planes with some interesting design changes. My accomplice is a excellent builder and has exceptional 3D cad skills. I am thinking of doing build thread on GSN if you believe that there will be enough interest because it takes a lot of additional work to do the thread and we would really like your input, help and support.
:woohoo!:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the paint booth set up again and doing some painting. The little speed delta needed some repainting done and redoing the strips so I will have to mask it 4 times, hours of masking and 10 minutes of painting.

Attachments

• 54E7950C-A883-47F2-BE9A-EC4B6C452299.jpeg
    54E7950C-A883-47F2-BE9A-EC4B6C452299.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have question this is about Gyro’s. Specifically on the Demon Cortex Pro. That is the one I am looking at and I believe it will work JR-DMSS system.
The weather around me has progressively gotten winder and it is impacting on my flying time because it is just to wind to enjoy flying.
My question is if I install a DemonCortex Pro Gyro will it make flying a lot easier in the wind. Or will I say one off the two thinks should have done this a long time ago or that was a wast of time and money.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Have question this is about Gyro’s. Specifically on the Demon Cortex Pro. That is the one I am looking at and I believe it will work JR-DMSS system.
The weather around me has progressively gotten winder and it is impacting on my flying time because it is just to wind to enjoy flying.
My question is if I install a DemonCortex Pro Gyro will it make flying a lot easier in the wind. Or will I say one off the two thinks should have done this a long time ago or that was a wast of time and money.
If programmed correctly, if will definitely make your flying look better. I know a lot of guys that use gyros and their planes always look smooth in the air once they get them dialed in. But every time I fly a plane with a gyro I don't like it. Always seems like its fighting me and doesn't let me do what I want to do when I want to do it. Several times I've had flying buddies insist I fly their gyro equipped planes and every time I do I fly it around for a couple minutes then I hand the controller back over to them and I tell them I don't like it. Probably just me being stubborn but so far I don't own anything with a gyro.

My recommendation is try before you buy if at all possible. Maybe one of your flying buddies has one in a plane already that he will let you fly.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
If programmed correctly, if will definitely make your flying look better. I know a lot of guys that use gyros and their planes always look smooth in the air once they get them dialed in. But every time I fly a plane with a gyro I don't like it. Always seems like its fighting me and doesn't let me do what I want to do when I want to do it. Several times I've had flying buddies insist I fly their gyro equipped planes and every time I do I fly it around for a couple minutes then I hand the controller back over to them and I tell them I don't like it. Probably just me being stubborn but so far I don't own anything with a gyro.

My recommendation is try before you buy if at all possible. Maybe one of your flying buddies has one in a plane already that he will let you fly.
Thanks for the reply, but I do not know anyone that has one. I am not wanting to look better, just would like to fly when it is windier, ie help me land when the wind is pushing the plane around.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Club member is an outstanding flyer, mostly into jets (too fast for our field so he flies a lot elsewhere) but he added the DemonCortex to a 3d plane and loves it.