• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Top Flite P-40 Build Thread

Holy cow that thing is simply beautiful. Makes me want to get back into warbirds again. My very first fighter was a Top Flite P-40 Red Box. I built and flew it in '94. I sure miss that plane. Awesome job...really love it.
Thanks It has been a labor of love and my first kit build since the late 50's when I flew control line stunt.

I hooked up the servos and the flaps and the plane is now finished, YEA

Attachments

• 20170202_162050 (2).jpg
    20170202_162050 (2).jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 20170202_163640.jpg
    20170202_163640.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 499

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks awesome! Heck, I even see a blue ribbon in that photo!
Can't wait for some flight line photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Looking good! Be sure and take the time to check all the important stuff, CG, control throws, all the stuff that can bite you on a test flight:yesss:

Looking good! Be sure and take the time to check all the important stuff, CG, control throws, all the stuff that can bite you on a test flight:yesss:
I know still have to work on some of the controls and install fuel tanks and ck CG plus check servo throws. I also have to put the final fuel proof clear coat on.