• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

TransAmerica Tour 2014

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Looks like battery power is not an option.

Good to know though.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
The ground work has been established and we are ready to start recruiting clubs/volunteers for the TransAmerica Tour 2014. If you would like to volunteer in this effort, please let me know in this post, PM, or email. Please use TransAmerica Tour 2014 and your town & state in the subject line.

Right now the route is a clean slate. As clubs begin to volunteer, we will start targeting certain clubs along the preferred route. If you would like to volunteer, please do so early.

Route and club participation can be seen via this map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?gmp=msp&mid=zuDNctj04nLA.kuXQvjLfKZUE

Thanks in advance to everyone that volunteers to help out this worthy cause. As mentioned earlier our goal is to raise $10,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project and to help promote model aviation.

Frank

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I pitched this idea to the Discovery Channel folks. How cool it would be for them to film our airplane and the folks flying it across the USA. Since this will be the second time this has ever been done in the history of model aviation, I think it would definitely be interesting to see it documented on video as the plane travels across the USA and not to mention all the great guys making this happen.

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
PM Sent, our Club would be honored to help out any way we can.

Wonderful and thanks!

And how cool is that? "Drama and RC are not a good mix... Just Say NO." I wish more people would abide by that.

Thanks again and I'll be in touch.

Frank

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Right now it doesn't look like either of these are coming to the Ohio Valley. If that changes add the Greater Pittsburgh ARCS to the map. :D