• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Crack Laser, with a few new build tips

alawson999

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=2581]hopper[/MENTION]

There is no justice

Of course, when they have a new plane, guess who they ask to check it, fly it to trim and balance, and assist them by taking the xmitter to save them when they get the jitters

;-)

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Advice please

I prefer to have servo throws that are able to reach the mechanical limit of the airframe

This means extending the servo arms or programming more travel thru the transmitter or some of both.

Is there a best way?

Any gotchas?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Advice please

I prefer to have servo throws that are able to reach the mechanical limit of the airframe

This means extending the servo arms or programming more travel thru the transmitter or some of both.

Is there a best way?

Any gotchas?
The goal ought to be getting the max travel with the shortest arms possible. This maximizes servo torque and resolution.

This means maxing out the end points in your transmitter. It is highly possible that you might need to remove a little material from the fuse to allow the max travel for your servo arms.

You ought to do the above before resorting to longer servo arms. In my case the stock arms were long enough.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I keep catching myself thinking about adding lights to this plane... Has anyone tried that at all?

I've put the twisted light kit on my edge. We live in town and when my son flys in the front yard people pull over to the side of the road to watch the show. :)

Fun stuff!