• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper build log (maybe)

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Well the weekend came and gone. I had no time to work on the plane. I am building a folding out feed table for my table saw. I cant fly either cause my truck is in the body shop for few weeks. A taxi driver hit me.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
So yesterday I vacuum bagged my first part. The canopy deck. I'll get pictures when I'm home. But it was in the bag Sunday 2pm to Monday 630am. Part looks good. The pump I build from joe woodworker vacuumed out the bag in 30 seconds. And was running for 10 seconds every hour. I may have a small leak somewhere. I had max vacuum at 11 it would kick back on at 7 or 8. I love the west systems pumps.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Pics I promised. I love bagging

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 337
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 326
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 293

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
11hg is a little on the high side. Should be more like 7-8 and kicking on at 5 for safety sake. Looking good, it all gets easier every time you do it.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Ok I finished the belly pan this morning I opened it up from bag. I'll get pictures tonight. It went great only thing that worries me. It seems that the bottom of the pan is bent in from vacuum just a little. I'm guessing it might spring back.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
So I was really nervous cutting in the spar extenders. But with my dewalt trim router. 1/4" bit it was a breeze. Just measure measure measure. I suck at that measure twice cut three times.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg