• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am going to mount the blocks in the wing and it is explained clearly. How do you do the threads in the block. I would like to do it correctly for the size of the plane thanks.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I assume you've built a plane and set incidences before? I set the incidences, clamp the wing in place and use a long drill bit from one side of the plane though to the other to just "kiss" the surface of the wing root for all four points. Then remove the wing, drill and install anti-rotation pins and drill and tap the hard points. But that's just my way. Some like to use blind nuts on the wings, if you do then you are on your own to research that method as I don't do that.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
How do you figure the centerline of the control horn block offset to the centerline of the servo?

It's sort of builders choice depending on how long your servo arms are and what throws you want. At full deflection you want your pushrod perpendicular to the hinge line or as close as possible. So for IMAC only your horn will be further off center to the servo, for 3D, your horn will be less offset from the servo. I typically start with the center of the servo horn in-line with the edge of the servo box. If you look close at the drawing with a straight edge that is how they are drawn (or pretty close to it) as well. I use 1.5" arms and get about 50* of aileron travel.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
It's sort of builders choice depending on how long your servo arms are and what throws you want. At full deflection you want your pushrod perpendicular to the hinge line or as close as possible. So for IMAC only your horn will be further off center to the servo, for 3D, your horn will be less offset from the servo. I typically start with the center of the servo horn in-line with the edge of the servo box. If you look close at the drawing with a straight edge that is how they are drawn (or pretty close to it) as well. I use 1.5" arms and get about 50* of aileron travel.
Thanks! It was just evading me a bit on just for sure how it was done.

rcbuff22

30cc
My viper st , maiden went well . I had to move the batteries forward as it was a little tail heavy , 27lbs dry
Its going to be a fun airplane.

Attachments

• IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 467

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
really good looking airplane. i keep seeing the stuff everyone's doing here and it's making me want to start a new build.....patience Bartman, patience