• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wendell Hostetler Bucker Jungmeister build thread?

Have decided to order the Wendell Hostetler 29% Bucker Jungmeister plans and have been looking for a build thread on the various forums but it appears that there aren't any documented builds.

Thought I would put it out there to see if anyone is aware of a thread on GSN or another forum that I haven't seen to this point.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Not that I know off. Are you planning to do a build thread on GSN. If you are that would be great love the plane. Thought build from WH plans.

@Snoopy1. I would be up for that. I was just at the research stage and about to order the plans and then determine if (if any) mods / upgrades were necessary. At this point I have 3-4 other projects on the horizon before this one. I would hope to start perhaps next winter.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Snoopy1. I would be up for that. I was just at the research stage and about to order the plans and then determine if (if any) mods / upgrades were necessary. At this point I have 3-4 other projects on the horizon before this one. I would hope to start perhaps next winter.
I helped a friend build a WH Beaver big one cannot remember the wing span but it was considerably bigger than 100 inches. The drawings are a good guide but you are going to have to come up with a lot of solutions to make it work for you.

That's what I thought.

I've traded a few emails with WH and realize that the plans don't come with a build manual, pictures, etc..

I was also considering options to modify the one-piece wings (top & bottom) to incorporate an aluminum or CF wing spar. I don't think that mod will be possible until I see the plans. I guessing that the wings won't be thick enough to go that route....

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That's what I thought.

I've traded a few emails with WH and realize that the plans don't come with a build manual, pictures, etc..

I was also considering options to modify the one-piece wings (top & bottom) to incorporate an aluminum or CF wing spar. I don't think that mod will be possible until I see the plans. I guessing that the wings won't be thick enough to go that route....

Sounds like you have built a few planes and realize that you are going into it with your eyes open.

Have done a fair amount of building in the past, but not too many GS. I thoroughly enjoy reading and reseaching build techniques and modifying to meet my needs. I tend to spend an extremly long time researching and planning which significantly lengthens to time required for these types of projects. The fact that I tend to be too much of a perfectionist doesn't help either. That type of investment in time, money and effort and it it needs to be done right.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Going Balistic ,

Would you possibly be interested in a 30% scale glass fuse Jungmann kit with foam core wings? A good friend of mine bought a set of molds for a 30% Jungmann fuse & cowl (I think) and he's currently gathering parts to build a foam cutter so he can cut the wings. It would be a while before he can get everything made, but he should be ready by the time you're ready to build it.

That might be an interesting idea. The size is right. never built anything with a fiberglass fuse. Would definetly want to look closely at anything he has or is preparing.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That might be an interesting idea. The size is right. never built anything with a fiberglass fuse. Would definetly want to look closely at anything he has or is preparing.
Hey @Going Balistic,
I don't know how, but I got things TOTALLY screwed up and I feel like a complete idiot. . . . . . :face-palm:. The kit makings my friend has is for the 30% Jungmann that wan designed by D. Hanson (GSN will not let me type his first name, but you probably know who I'm referring to) and the plane was flown by Steve Rojeki at the TOC. If you're still interested, the kit is a wood kit with sheeted foam wings, sheeted foam aft and fore turtle decks with a glass cowl, wheel pants & canopy. My apologies for the confusion.

David

Last edited: