• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Where's the builds?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I lay odds not one builder wants them together. But that is just my opinion.
As a builder, I can say it doesn't make any difference to me one way or another. I can pick through them myself if need be, but having them separated would make it easier. My worry is the same as Bart's (at least I think), will separating them make less people go through the builds, and possibly keep someone from getting interested and doing one of his own or even keep some people from getting involved in the threads. I like the involvement of other people, even if they don't build.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
But what about those looking for a build, of any kind, and after opening a couple that are ARF assemblies they leave. I actually had a few friends tell me that is what they did. I myself find opening and closing a tedious proposition to find which is an ARF or which is a build. All that is needed is a "build" tab in the "post new thread", most sections (IMAC, Scale, Jets, etc) don't even have a prefix. I am not looking to change anything other than adding a "Build" tab with a link to that build from the "Building boards" section.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is what I am talking about described,
I am going to do a jet build, from creating molds, to glassing, and the such. I log on, scroll to the jet section and click "Jets>>>Aircraft, Techniques, Equipment, etc.", then click on "Post new thread" at this time an "assembly or build" tab has to be chosen and of course I click build. Once this step is complete a link to this build is in the "Building boards" for any builder to see. So now I just go to building boards and I see this jet build, I click on it and am taken to the build thread in "Jets". This single step would make all builds visible from one single location.

Larry B

70cc twin V2
I have been a member of RCSB for many years but posting pictures is a real pain in the @$$! This site is so "user friendly" when it comes to posting a video or photos.
I have not started a new build thread on RCSB for my new project just for this reason, it takes me about 10 steps to get a photo on Mike's site.

I also seem to notice that there is not much interest on this site when it comes to a scale scratch build, most of the interest on this site seems to be with the 3D & IMAC stuff. I started a thread here for my new project but it hasn't sparked much interest, maybe because it won't hover?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have been a member of RCSB for many years but posting pictures is a real pain in the @$$! This site is so "user friendly" when it comes to posting a video or photos.
I have not started a new build thread on RCSB for my new project just for this reason, it takes me about 10 steps to get a photo on Mike's site.

I also seem to notice that there is not much interest on this site when it comes to a scale scratch build, most of the interest on this site seems to be with the 3D & IMAC stuff. I started a thread here for my new project but it hasn't sparked much interest, maybe because it won't hover?
@Larry B, I felt the same way when I first came here but it is not that way, most here like a good build including myself. Problem is, one has to be willing to sit and funnel through everything to find the build. Each build is in it's separate section, and like most builders, I like a good build of anything. This is why I am pushing for a universal "Build" link to the building boards, so they can be seen/ found. Your build is a perfect example, I saw it once on the sidebar but don't remember where it is at or what it was titled so it basically don't exist to me. Not going through the whole site looking for it. But if I see it on the sidebar again I will look again. You are a fantastic builder and I know everyone would thoroughly enjoy your build.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

While there certainly is more interest here for 3D related things, there are still a lot of people that enjoy scale builds. The 50% Dalotel 165 build thread has over 32000 views! My own thread on a scratch built self designed Golden Age racer has over 14000. So the interest is out there.

In other words, please build away! I know I would love to see what your building, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.;)

WMcNabb

150cc

If you're referring to the Curtiss XP-55 Ascender, I'm definitely watching, and so are a few others!

WMcNabb

150cc
I'll throw this one out for comment...

What if a section was created in the same way the Sponsored Pilots were recently done? And...the way a build appears there is by nomination from anyone here. Think of it as Featured Builds.

Off the bat, I can think of several that deserve special attention.

BalsaDust

Got a link to your build? I love 3D stuff the most but any build of any kind gets my attention.