• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Worth repairing an ignition wire?

njswede

150cc
I have a DLE120 with a damaged ignition wire. Is it worth trying to replace the wire or should I just replace the whole module? I'm strongly leaning towards the latter...

In that case, do I go with the stock DLE one or an Rcezl? I've had good experiences with Rcexl in my smaller planes and it's even a few bucks cheaper.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Where is the wire damaged? If it is near the end then it isn't hard to out a new spark plug cap on it. There is a how-to thread in the engines forum

njswede

150cc
It's kind of in the middle. I think I'll replace the whole module. Putting it in a brand new plane, so I don't want to take risks.

For 40 bucks replace with new ign you have time and money in your new plane dont be the guy picking up the pieces saying yup should have replaced that damn ign lol