• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
For best structural reinforcement the CF laminations should be installed to a member of the wing that would allow the CF LE and TE to be up and down facing to the wings top and bottom surfaces.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
From the point of completion that you are now at I would consider drilling holes and installing CF rods instead and maybe use the CF strips to go on the wings LE and TE once the Ailerons are cut free.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
From the point of completion that you are now at I would consider drilling holes and installing CF rods instead and maybe use the CF strips to go on the wings LE and TE once the Ailerons are cut free.
These ailerons are pretty small compared to the planes of to day or I mean the 3D machines. But yes good idea will look into that when the time arrives.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sat down with the drawings and decide to add the following to the wing as shown in the picture in colour. And yes the servos will have to be relocated to a new spot. The work just keeps expanding but hopefully in the end it works and it is a good solid wing that will absorb some abuse without falling apart.
E8FE2F8D-28E5-4A18-8220-B6AF2E4C060C.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The spars are rebuilt with carbon and the extra spar slots cut into the ribs and the wing is put back together ready for some glue. Pictures to follow. Also change the aileron bevel from one to two. This should give the aileron almost 60 degree travel up and down.

4BB7AE83-FAEE-4709-B025-C304477DE68E.jpeg

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the wing put together and the top main spar is glued in and the front and trailing shear webs are glued in. If You look at the pictures you will see how I have made small shims to fit in between shear-webs and ribs this now keeps things square and straight.
7E6189AE-E1D7-4930-92B5-98177690811A.jpeg
CB76F18B-C524-4DF8-B38F-D235B0AC90A2.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Are the slots that loose? Wow.
Unfortunately yes 95% of them are that way. And yes I spent most of the day make tiny little shims to fill all the gaps on just this wing I am over 120 shims. Doing this because I like to have wood to wood contact for a good tight joint. Don’t get me wrong I am a fussy builder it has to be right or I will not do it especially structural components and plane has to be square, parallel and level.

Last edited: