• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok when you say bolted up to the fuselage the answer is yes. Changed how the wing and the stabilizer are connected to the fuselage.
The stabilizer has a plywood plate on the end with two tabs sticking out below that matches to threaded holes on the fuselage to bolt the stabilizers to the fuselage.
The wing has some extra plates added to the #1 rib and the fuselage has also extra plywood plates add so that from the inside of the fuselage I can thread a 1/4 inch bolt into the wing and pull up against the fuselage.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok the stabilizers are done covered, hinged and the servos installed, just have to do the fine adjustments when it is all put together.
@TonyHallo look at the picture below and you can see the bolting tabs.
ACC1FFF6-AB1F-4444-B8A2-F6A76352B2F4.jpeg

Hay Snoop, have an extra cup of coffee this morning. :) I think Tony was asking why you used epoxy on the tail hinges, and Gorilla glue on the wing hinges. I use Gorilla glue on all Robarts!!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hay Snoop, have an extra cup of coffee this morning. :) I think Tony was asking why you used epoxy on the tail hinges, and Gorilla glue on the wing hinges. I use Gorilla glue on all Robarts!!
I use epoxy in balsa wood and Gorilla glue when the hinges go into styrofoam.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The wings are all done servos in and all the connections made and the wiring installed. So now install the rudder servo and make a wiring harness to connect the three servos in the tail of the plane up into the cockpit.
Just have to finish the radio installation and check the CG again. Then paint the cowl and finish off the plane. But have wait for the covid19 lockdown to be lifted so I can paint the cowl and need to receive my wheels for the plane.