• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Neil Primrose

New to GSN!
All looks fantastic and functional - Top Job - Starting my Build soon but can't get an answer from PMT in Germany for my wheels...Got the Xcub undercarriage sorted and deffo want to do a better Job on the Tailwheel - are you going to produce your design in the near Future? All the best from Nth of England.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
All looks fantastic and functional - Top Job - Starting my Build soon but can't get an answer from PMT in Germany for my wheels...Got the Xcub undercarriage sorted and deffo want to do a better Job on the Tailwheel - are you going to produce your design in the near Future? All the best from Nth of England.

Welcome to GSN Neil. :welcome:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

I thought I saw somewhere they were having international shipping issues due to the pandemic? Not sure, they seem like a proactive company. I’m sure they’ll figure something out.

As far as the tailwheel. My design really isn’t that clean in CAD due to all my revisions. Takes half the day to print, uses oddball hardware, fitting it to the OEM wheel bracket is tedious, and I bush the wheel itself. I can upload it to thingiverse and let people print it for themselves. But mass producing them is not viable, if mishandled they can break too. Posting pics is almost like dangling the carrot out of reach!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice looking Tailwheel. At least you are using the big wheels properly. See all these guys putting on the big wheels and then flying of asphalt just nuts.

Yup! They want the “look”. Full scale guys are the same way. Ha ha
I have yet to find anybody to post a video on ugly terrain. Now that I know my TW bracket is functional I can attempt gentle flights off rocks

New here, guys! I just finished getting to the end of this entire thread. Read it front to back in order to not miss anything. I have ordered my Timber and hopefully she will arrive at the LHS end of this week. I am probably going to go Electric, as this is what i know from all my other planes (8). This one will be my biggest, but my latest plane (had her a year now) is the 84" Turbo Bushmaster which is my baby! It flies SO GOOD and I have it setup with bush wheels since i fly out of a detention pond behind my back yard. It seems like the Timber 110" is built and flies much like the TBM does, but I am interested in the larger wing and ability to put articulating gear (I have the Xcub gear ready to go) and also I ordered the 7" Airtop wheels to slap on them. I love flying 3d, but also LOVE bush/STOL style flying as well, so the Timber seemed a good addition to my TBM. I will need yall's help I am sure thought out the build.
AKNick, I have watched your videos many times of the Timber and didn't know it was you until I got on this forum! Good stuff man! I am planning to use the Xpwr 40cc and the CC120HV ESC. Question, with my TBM I have the CC Talon 90, running the Savox SV-1250mg HV servos directly from the ESC with built in BEC to a Crossfire diversity RX running at 8 volts. Is it possible to just power the servos on the Timber from the CC 120HV ESC as well?

Just for fun here is my current baby I am flying, before the Timber arrives.

Cheers, guys!

-Clint

Attachments

• D711DE70-2FE1-4691-90BE-180DB86C683A.JPG
    D711DE70-2FE1-4691-90BE-180DB86C683A.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 254

WMcNabb

150cc
New here, guys! I just finished getting to the end of this entire thread. Read it front to back in order to not miss anything. I have ordered my Timber and hopefully she will arrive at the LHS end of this week. I am probably going to go Electric, as this is what i know from all my other planes (8). This one will be my biggest, but my latest plane (had her a year now) is the 84" Turbo Bushmaster which is my baby! It flies SO GOOD and I have it setup with bush wheels since i fly out of a detention pond behind my back yard. It seems like the Timber 110" is built and flies much like the TBM does, but I am interested in the larger wing and ability to put articulating gear (I have the Xcub gear ready to go) and also I ordered the 7" Airtop wheels to slap on them. I love flying 3d, but also LOVE bush/STOL style flying as well, so the Timber seemed a good addition to my TBM. I will need yall's help I am sure thought out the build.
AKNick, I have watched your videos many times of the Timber and didn't know it was you until I got on this forum! Good stuff man! I am planning to use the Xpwr 40cc and the CC120HV ESC. Question, with my TBM I have the CC Talon 90, running the Savox SV-1250mg HV servos directly from the ESC with built in BEC to a Crossfire diversity RX running at 8 volts. Is it possible to just power the servos on the Timber from the CC 120HV ESC as well?

Cheers, guys!

-Clint

Welcome to GSN!!
Glad to see the chief pilot is supervising your flights with the TBM!

- Wade

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

Cheers, guys!

-Clint

Thanks for the kind words! I also have both planes. The 110 Timber flies and floats great... especially with those huge flaps! I'll be putting on my LE slats this summer as it sounds like it alleviates the wing tip stall I've seen with mine and will mush the tip stall. With the plane so heavy like mine, I believe it will only be a bush plane. I don't trust the wood for violent 3D based on some reports I've seen.

@Snoopy1 went electric as I'm sure you saw. I dont think most speed controls over the Talon 90 have an onboard BEC, you would have to use a ext rx battery like that of a gasser.

Thanks for the kind words! I also have both planes. The 110 Timber flies and floats great... especially with those huge flaps! I'll be putting on my LE slats this summer as it sounds like it alleviates the wing tip stall I've seen with mine and will mush the tip stall. With the plane so heavy like mine, I believe it will only be a bush plane. I don't trust the wood for violent 3D based on some reports I've seen.

@Snoopy1 went electric as I'm sure you saw. I dont think most speed controls over the Talon 90 have an onboard BEC, you would have to use a ext rx battery like that of a gasser.

Ahh, ok. Gotcha! thanks for the info. So since you have both planes, which would you say is your favorite of the two to fly?

@Snoopy1 been following your build. I think i am also going with the Xpwr 40cc motor on mine. I will be VERY interested to see what you think about it and how much power it gives for certain 3D type flying with it. What BEC did you go with to power your RX and Servos? and what size lipo did you use with it as well?

Thanks!

Cheers!

-Clint