• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
@AKNick. I was just thinking about the power on the Timber if my 40 cc electric motor turns out to be a pain or the short flight times get to me the GP 38 looks like the way to go. Be interesting set with the Timber. Will have to keep an eye out to see if anyone is going to try the GP 38.

Well it weighs about a one pound less than my DLE55RA, Which would eliminate the tail weight I needed. It's also about 0.14lbs heavier than the DA35, and 0.4lbs lighter than the DA50 - on paper. My thoughts are it's overpowered with the DLE55, if your doing 3D awesome. A 35cc will work great if you keep the plane light. 38cc hmmm would be a bit more fun I think. But who knows!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it weighs about a one pound less than my DLE55RA, Which would eliminate the tail weight I needed. It's also about 0.14lbs heavier than the DA35, and 0.4lbs lighter than the DA50 - on paper. My thoughts are it's overpowered with the DLE55, if your doing 3D awesome. A 35cc will work great if you keep the plane light. 38cc hmmm would be a bit more fun I think. But who knows!

I think you need a 38 so that you can inform us how well it does.

@AKNick. I was just thinking about the power on the Timber if my 40 cc electric motor turns out to be a pain or the short flight times get to me the GP 38 looks like the way to go. Be interesting set with the Timber. Will have to keep an eye out to see if anyone is going to try the GP 38.

What servos did you go with in your Timber?

From the second post in this forum I listed everything I used:

Savox 2274 + 2270 rudder (used)
ProModeler DS305CLHV on the throttle.

If I didn’t buy used I would have used cheaper servos. But they are wicked awesome overkill. Really depends on your flying style.

Thanks! I was actually wanting to know which ones @Snoopy1 used since he went Electric. Didn't mean to tag you, @AKNick sorry about that, but thanks for your info as well.

From the second post in this forum I listed everything I used:

Savox 2274 + 2270 rudder (used)
ProModeler DS305CLHV on the throttle.

If I didn’t buy used I would have used cheaper servos. But they are wicked awesome overkill. Really depends on your flying style.

So if you hadn't bought used and had bought cheaper ones, what would you go with for this plane?

Thanks!
-Clint

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So if you hadn't bought used and had bought cheaper ones, what would you go with for this plane?

Thanks!
-Clint

I was planning on using the ProModeler DS305CLHV servos. Coreless, digital, HV, plenty of torque and fast.

Digital coreless servos are smooth and less prone to vibration issues. Which was what I was looking for. So when. Brushless digital servos came up for sale I jumped on them.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
What servos did you go with in your Timber?
On the wing I installed four JR 8411 competition series and on the elevations and rudder JR 8911. I think a little over kill but I always buy a little more just in case.
Still trying to get out to field to fly the plane but the weather is just nuts.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I’ve compressed 35 min into 5:45min.... still working on getting under 5min. Man it’s a lot of work/time.