Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by AKNick, Jul 16, 2019.

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

1. DLE35RA

9.1%
  2. DLE55RA

33.3%
  3. DA35

6.1%
  4. DA50

24.2%
  5. OS33

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ummmm yeah..... I'm going electric

15.2%
  7. EME35 But will you use the electric start version???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. DA60

3.0%
  9. GP61

3.0%
  10. GP38

6.1%
  1. wrong post

2. @AKNick, installed the tailwheel you uploaded to Thingiverse !! Looks great.. Got to modify the spring steering cables to a system similar to yours.

-now the maiden next. Unfortuntly, weather just turned **** over here, but as soon as the WX improves, it will get airborne.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. For those that have installed the stock gear...the instructions are less than clear to me. Maybe someone can help. The wooden mounting plates with the 3 blind nuts mount between the gear and the fuse, and the manual seems to show the side with the blind nuts protruding faces the gear vs going into the recessed holes in the fuse. Also, it just says 'screw them in'. Into what? The blind nuts in the fuse are larger than the bolts with the gear hardware (and the bolts with the gear do fit the wooden plates). Are you supposed to install the gear using the 4 lock nuts and put them inside the fuse when screwing in the gear?
    Thanks
    IMG_0458.jpeg IMG_0459.jpeg IMG_0460.jpeg IMG_0464.jpeg

4. The last photo is what the manual shows as 'proper orientation' -- but the protrusions from the blind nuts would be stuck between the plate and the gear....this can't be right is it? They fit perfectly into the fuse as shown in the other photo

5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    The plate goes on the inside of the fuselage.

6. yes. I didn’t like how big the rims were with the airtops. They don’t look scale at all to me, so I had the smaller rims that come with the 6” Dubro wheels. I reemed out there middle of those and outfitted them with some screws from ace to fit the width and they look amazing!

Snoopy1 likes this.
  7. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Post a pic of your make! I'd like to see your finished print :)

8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Picture please

9. IMG_0466.jpeg

Oh My....this will be fun!

SjtStriker, AKNick and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. May not be the best pic.. need to do some mod's with the springs, but have not had time to figure it out yet..

(New to printing...so still some tuning to make the finish perfect)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 1:23 AM
    AKNick likes this.