• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

ChelseaDan

New to GSN!

Attachments

• 74D2E705-6613-4999-ADAC-F9A50DF19EB6.jpeg
    74D2E705-6613-4999-ADAC-F9A50DF19EB6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 370

C4CarpetCare

New to GSN!
I put a DA50 on mine. I used a Slimline Pitts muffler. Prop spinner is a 3 inch TruTurn prop spinner cut to take up to a 23x10 prop. There isn't much cowl room. It took a great deal of time to trim the cowl to fit the muffler but it was worth it for the looks. One big issue I ran into is you can't slide the cowl over the exhaust pipes, or do anything to maneuver it on - I ended up cutting it on the bottom side behind the exhaust pipes - the cowl is flexible you can then bend it and go around the exhaust. I put a tab on the bottom with blind nuts where I then can bolt the cut pieces to the fuselage. Works great and looks great. You can use the included DLE 55 mounting template and with specs from both the DLE and DA engines convert it into a template for the DA. Took a bit but ended up with a perfect template. Overall it wasn't that hard to go DA. The only other item you should seriously consider it going to the upgrade LG now. Myself and another club member bought them at the same time this summer. The best way to put it is that Horizon Hobby should be ashamed to sell such a nice kit with an such a cheap piece of junk they call LG. His bent no matter how gentle he landed his.

Dan

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to hear some positive feedback on a timber with a da50.

Do you mind snapping a picture of the blind but you installed and your cowl?

The landing gear is on my list. Both the spring mains and tail from the X-Cub are have ordered. Did you do both?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok this is my experience with the Timber. I have had a DA50, GP 38 and XPWR 40cc in my Timber. I have ended up with XPWR 40cc for several reasons. The DA 50 was very interesting but it was extremely overpowered and the engine was hard on the plane and needed a lot of maintenance and quite a bit of reinforcement. And was also the heaviest setup. The GP 38 was my favourite light could hang on the prop and do anything I needed it to do. But needed the GP 38 for another project so the XPWR 40cc was installed back into the Timber. With this setup the Timber’s weight is just over 19 lbs. I also liked this setup easy to live with in the winter and cold weather, almost as capable as the DA50.

Fredfab

30cc
Good morning all, my name is fred, i'm from france, escuse my bad english. I just bought timber 110
I read all your post and I intend to strengthen the timber from the start. I bought a used da 50 r engine which very shortly here are some photos
attachment.php
attachment.php

Fredfab

30cc
I cut the interlining to strengthen the cell from the start

I am waiting today for the pieces and the wood to strengthen

if you have any advice for this i would be happy for your help !!!

attachment.php