Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by AKNick, Jul 16, 2019.

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

1. DLE35RA

5.1%
  2. DLE55RA

33.3%
  3. DA35

5.1%
  4. DA50

23.1%
  5. OS33

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ummmm yeah..... I'm going electric

20.5%
  7. EME35 But will you use the electric start version???

2.6%
  8. DA60

5.1%
  9. GP61

2.6%
  10. GP38

2.6%
  1. zgrachak

zgrachak New to GSN!

Hello

I have a DLE55RA. At the moment I have installed a 22x8 VOX wood propeller. Max rpm on the ground is aprox. 7000 rpm. Engine has run aprox. 5 hours (1 Gallone). I will change prop to 22x10 because the aircraft is rolling away at 1500 rpm (on pavement).

How many rpm (idle & max) do you have with the DLE55RA?

regards

zgrachak

2. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I’ve never put a tach to my plane sorry. I’m swinging a 23x8CF, it doesn’t roll on the ground at idle, maybe a tiny bit. The plane is pretty heavy and likes to stay put. I tune for a steady idle and smooth transition to WOT. A good tuning method to look up is Terry’s Engine Tuning guide (should be able to look it up easy enough) Sorry, not much help.

3. Thank you, I plan on using the recommended arms as well. I hadn't heard of anyone using them yet and was curious how they worked. What sort of deflection numbers are you seeing on surfaces?

4. Thanks Nick, I hear what your saying about rudder and full span ailerons. I might go a bit bigger on the rudder servo. At this moment I won't be able to run full span due to channel restrictions, only an 8 ch. (For now) I've also picked up a power expander (smart fly competition 12) so I can get (and keep) good voltage (8.4) to all my servos at the same time. Thank you for your help! I hope to work on it this weekend. I'll keep y'all posted!! Thanks again!

AKNick likes this.
  5. Thanks for the info on the servo spreadsheet! That was great to look at all of them on the same page. Appreciate it!

WMcNabb likes this.
  6. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    One of the main reasons for the larger servo arms in the wings was keeping the geometry even for full span ailerons while giving maximum flap deflection. Basically the flaps and ailerons are matched (move at the same rate of travel/always in sync) throughout their entire movement when in full span ailerons... yet when you dump the flaps the flaps only will extend down like a barn door.

WMcNabb likes this.