• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made the 2 Air extraction ducts on the bottom of the fuselage just behind the landing gear. This should help with the heat buildup from the canisters inside the fuselage.

7F27A429-33E4-497D-BB58-A0DAE6BEC386.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Running out of things to do while trying to acquire windshield material.
I thought I can cover the bottom of the plane with causing any problems. So have most of it covered just the front but I will leave that till the windshield is in.

FD5FBE0D-EDA0-4EEF-B74D-051793D2EFD4.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Snoop,
The fuselage looks like it has a converging/ diverging shape, is this correct or and optical illusion?
That is the true shape of the original drawings that was used to make the drawings for the model.
That one of the reasons it was difficult to get everything square, straight and parallel.

TonyHallo

150cc
Understand, that is something we don't see in modeling, heck most of the models we fly are not even close to their bigger brother, nice work.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Understand, that is something we don't see in modeling, heck most of the models we fly are not even close to their bigger brother, nice work.
Thanks Tony, yes the plane is 100% scale out line. Luc’s plane is 100% scale he is true scale builder. I am not a true scale builder I try but will make changes when it it compromises the flying capability. Like when I discovered that I will have add several pounds of lead to the nose of the plane to balance I extended the front enough so it would balance with out additional weight. That just me. The shape was maintained but the nose is a little longer.

I see the picture of your new IBEC from AJ. Looks good how do you like it or will go back to the original one.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@TonyHallo
Did a maiden on the plane about 2 weeks ago. The weather was ok but the field was terrible and in bad shape and extremely muddy. So when he landed after the fist flight the wheels dug in and flipped the plane. No damage to the plane but damaged the prop. Also everything was covered in mud. So we went home.

Last edited: