• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well after days of gluing parts and making parts I am still not done. Got ribs standing up and in location and the basic structure on the table but nothing glued. Still making sure of how to assemble the hole wing without getting my self into trouble.
Doing a lot of splicing because the wing panel will over 48 in long so every piece that goes from one end to the other needs to be spliced. Will start planing the sheeting tomorrow another job I do not like is edge gluing sheeting but it to has to be done and that will be another job for tomorrow.

D61EAF3B-76AD-4FC1-B601-5270060DD7F0.jpeg

heyluc

New to GSN!
Some motivational pictures. Waiting for CA to arrive. Meanwhile doing some small jobs like printing the holder for the nuts for wing bolts and designing the servo holders for the ailerons and flaps.

1694377215463.jpeg
IMG_5160.jpeg
IMG_5159.jpeg
IMG_5162.jpeg
IMG_0322.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes that's correct Mike
Can I ask you a question you may I think I am nuts but going ask anyway. First I am allergic to CA, I do use it but as little as possible. I was thinking if I water down wood glue either with water or alcohol and put it into a syringe and then run it along all the joints and let it seep in and dry overnight ??. Will glue work properly, will I end with a good glue joint or not worth the risk.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Can I ask you a question you may I think I am nuts but going ask anyway. First I am allergic to CA, I do use it but as little as possible. I was thinking if I water down wood glue either with water or alcohol and put it into a syringe and then run it along all the joints and let it seep in and dry overnight ??. Will glue work properly, will I end with a good glue joint or not worth the risk.
Never tried that but I understand what you’re saying about the CA. The fumes bother me too sometimes if I use a lot of it. I think the last time I needed to use a lot at once I moved the project outside. Then it didn’t seem to bother me. And wear rubber gloves and maybe a mask too.

TonyHallo

150cc
I use CA on a limited basis. If there are many areas, I'll hit them and leave the area. I normally use Titebond glues.

heyluc

New to GSN!
@heyluc Looks nice. Might I ask what design software you are using? Also just my opinion. Fuse and tail look great but to me the wing has way to many ribs in it. For reference I attached a picture of a design I have just finished up. Similar in size at 110" span. There are 10 ribs in each wing panel plus 2 half ribs in each that support the servo mounts.
View attachment 121204
Hi BalsaDust, I like the plane you are working on. It looks like a SpaceWalker II. Any more details? Luc