• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

Mikeq

150cc
thepamster;6422 wrote: I don't remember anyone saying anything was bad other than the ratio.

thurmma;4662 wrote: Had run Amsoil prior to that and got tired of the black crap all over the plane.

I think this is what lazyboyflyer was referring to...I started using redline today on my DLE 170 and no tweaking necessary...went from 32 to 1 amsoil saber to 40 to 1 redline ...didn't have as much black residue as before.... the only problem I can see is don't forget when you add redline...it doesn't change the color of the gasoline like amsoil did..

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I use stihl ultra HP 40:1 because it's readily available. Is Redline easily obtained or are most of you guys ordering it online?

tailskid

70cc twin V2
lazyboyflyer;6314 wrote: Well, it only took 3 pages until someone said how bad AMSOIL is. That's got to be a record, I thought it would be on page one.

That's cuz we are being nice - for now :)

Alky6

150cc
Flyingjon;6481 wrote: I use stihl ultra HP 40:1 because it's readily available. Is Redline easily obtained or are most of you guys ordering it online?

Their offices/warehouse are located about 35 minutes from my house. However, depending how much I order, it sometimes is cheaper for me to just have them ship it and I get it the next day. So I have done both.

-Paul

edgewise

30cc
Alky6;6533 wrote: Their offices/warehouse are located about 35 minutes from my house. However, depending how much I order, it sometimes is cheaper for me to just have them ship it and I get it the next day. So I have done both.

-Paul

Wow,so you do have an oil well in your back yard, sort of. Lol

Alky6

150cc
edgewise;6539 wrote: Wow,so you do have an oil well in your back yard, sort of. Lol

Yep! The two-stroke version is somewhat hard to find. Auto parts stores cary mostly the four-stroke stuff...

-Paul

thepamster

70cc twin V2
6894=2703-snake oil.jpg
6894=2703-snake oil.jpg

6894=2704-pantherurine.png]
6894=2704-pantherurine.png

6894=2705-urine.jpg
6894=2705-urine.jpg