• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

Phil Griffin;4981 wrote: I think I'm going to hire my 14 year old daughter to come on here and make random postings til I'm off glow status . ;-)

Wait, what? She hasn't been doing this already? :shaking-hands-smile

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I was thinking about swapping HP Ultra (easy to get in lincoln at the hardware stores) for Redline. The HP ultra does leave some black oil residue on my planes, but Im not really sure what the ratio is and im too lazy to calculate it. I dump a "makes 2.5 gallons" into a 2 gallon can I have that holds 2.2 gallons. so it probably ends up about 32:1 ish.

Twister

70cc twin V2
Redline for me 40-1 gp61,eme60,da50,vvrc40,dle35,dle20 evolution 10cc 20-1 so far no problems in any. seems like it took a little longer to break-in but they are all clean inside and that's what counts.

Well, it only took 3 pages until someone said how bad AMSOIL is. That's got to be a record, I thought it would be on page one.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
lazyboyflyer;6314 wrote: Well, it only took 3 pages until someone said how bad AMSOIL is. That's got to be a record, I thought it would be on page one.

I don't remember anyone saying anything was bad other than the ratio.