• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

john_M

30cc
I may have to try the Redline... coming from the automotive industry, I've always used Valvoline oils... for my RC gas engines, I use the Valvoline Multi-Purpose 2 Cycle Oil, and I only run 4 strokes, Saito, OS... at 20:1. there's very little if any smoke, no unusual build-up, just your typical discoloration in the combustion chamber, but no crusty / cakey black carbon buildup... been using it for years now; my inlaw as well... I do have a VV 40cc twin headed my way, maybe I'll try the Redline on it after I do my normal break-in.

John M,

I have been using Stihl Ultra HP in my engines from the start, I mix it with 98 octane ethanol free gas. Engines run awesome!

davesherri

New to GSN!
There are a lot of great 2 stroke oils on the market, got friends that run redline, amsoil, belray, stihl etc and have great performance through a variety of engine brands. I have been using Amsoil 100-1 for the past 12+ years in my DA engines and have never had issues. If the engine is broke in properly and tuned to the exhaust and prop you are running, you should get great results from any of the big brand oils. I see this a lot due to the large membership that we have and the variety of engine  being used. I try to preach this to the newbies all the time and when the work is done correctly on the bench, the end performance is the bonus!

Life is too short so enjoy it till the walls cave in my fellow RC Brotha's!!
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

reyn3545

100cc
I'm going to start a new website with just a few simple rules

1.  No "best oil, radio, airplane, servo, etc.." threads

2.  A little sarcasm is healthy... just don't cross that line.

3. When in doubt... refer to #1.

Anyone know anything about starting up a site?

Do-rag

100cc
reyn3545 said

How about a site that is dedicated to Best oil and boost tabs discussions..... 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devilish.png

edgewise

30cc
Do-rag said
reyn3545 said

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devilish.png

LOL +1

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
edgewise said

Do-rag said
reyn3545 said

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devilish.png

LOL +1

running-lol.gif

tylerzx9r

100cc
I have used Bell Ray ever since "FBI" got me ADDICTED to giant scale, until last season I bought a new bottle and noticed they changed the mix ratio for oil per gallon required. I called DA and they were aware of that already. The oil ratio was in terms made to need more oil per Gal. Since this was an issue with other pilots not knowing of the change, I switched to Redline. The only reservation I have is that it leaves more of a black mess on my plane. Some people tell me this is because it is cleaning the other crap out, but I am using it in a new DA, so that is not true! I do like the performance.

Just want everyone to know that I use left over bacon grease!! Best stuff around and smells good too!!! Get some today!!!! 
spongebob.gif
first.gif
dancing-chicken.gif
devil.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
helicanic said
Just want everyone to know that I use left over bacon grease!! Best stuff around and smells good too!!! Get some today!!!! 
spongebob.gif
first.gif
dancing-chicken.gif
devil.gif
If pieces of your plane come up missing while you're taking a break from flying....take a gander at your pals. They may be tasting it to make sure it is as good as you say. hee hee