Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by BalsaDust, May 28, 2019.

1. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

not sure on the mufflers but I know the kits that he sells normally say out of stock even when he has them and you have to call for the exact shipping cost. As far as the muffler he said that he didn't notice a difference in power on the OS just sounds better. I know on the DLE20 though it does give a little more top end RPM and sounds better.

49dimes, acerc and Snoopy1 like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Got it on order will be sent to my daughter in the states, may get it some time this year or at Christmas when she comes home. Thanks for the help another problem solved and on the next one.

49dimes, Alky6, acerc and 1 other person like this.
  3. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Now start cutting wood.

49dimes, Alky6 and acerc like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I would but just have to finish putting my old profile back together and I need to get my hands on 3/4 carbon tube did not know the length required but I have the drawings now so need to do some measurements and get it on order or figure something out.

acerc likes this.
  5. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Plans A vs B.

Correct me if I’m wrong, A is a little more Rigid but just weighs a little more? What’s preferred?

Costs about $16-20 a print at one place here for 36x80.

6. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

I’m not on my computer right now. This is the screen shot of the one in the first post that I would use if I’m building. I feel it will be more rigid with a slight wieght penelty but I don’t think it will be much.

9D17AF55-BA8F-4FDF-A11F-4D51BAED9CA3.png

7. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    OK Thanks! That would be option "A" with the extra piece running parallel to the fuse tube.

8. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Not being argumentative but rather just voicing my opinion. I would think that is just another joint between the top and the tube so I would think B would be stronger. I would think using that extra balsa for diagonals between those ribs would be much stronger.

9. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

It is very possible. I based A off of another profile in this size I once had that had that extra piece running the length of the fuse and it had no tail twist at all which is something a lot of profiles this size and up start to suffer from.

acerc and AKNick like this.
  10. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Well thank goodness for friends... Three 36"x80" B+W plans:
    Office Max: $35 each
    CopyWorks: $16-20 each
    Friend = $Freefifty for everything. Have I mentioned how much I love friends?