• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It is very possible. I based A off of another profile in this size I once had that had that extra piece running the length of the fuse and it had no tail twist at all which is something a lot of profiles this size and up start to suffer from.
It was just my thoughts as I have had a couple and the one's without a tube did indeed flex but the one's with it did not.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well to have the drawings printed cost me $40.00 three prints.
I will definitely be building fuselage A. Definitely the stronger fuselage for twist. Just have make the joints good and no gaps.
@BalsaDust question part number 10. It’s 3/8 wide but how thick is it. ?This stick is running parallel to the carbon tube.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

Well to have the drawings printed cost me $40.00 three prints.
I will definitely be building fuselage A. Definitely the stronger fuselage for twist. Just have make the joints good and no gaps.
@BalsaDust question part number 10. It’s 3/8 wide but how thick is it. ?This stick is running parallel to the carbon tube.

I’m assuming your talking about the pieces above and below the tube that glue to the tube. Part 10 when I look at the plans is the top nose piece. Those pieces are dependent on the thickness you want your fuse to be. I designed it to be a 5/8” thick fuse but many of my Probro buddies think it needs to be 3/4” thick which I think is overkill.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I’m assuming your talking about the pieces above and below the tube that glue to the tube. Part 10 when I look at the plans is the top nose piece. Those pieces are dependent on the thickness you want your fuse to be. I designed it to be a 5/8” thick fuse but many of my Probro buddies think it needs to be 3/4” thick which I think is overkill.
Ok made a mistake talking about the stick that glues to 10. That runs the length of the fuselage. It’s the part that makes fuselage A different.

BalsaDust

Ok I gotcha. I would have to open my cad file to look and see but I would assume it’s either 3/8” wide or 1/4” wide and still 5/8” thick.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well placed an order for 3/4 inch diameter tube by 36 inches long. believe to have all the parts to build the plane and all the radio gear and bits and pieces if not hope it is just small stuff laying around or is available at the LHS.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well been looking at the drawings that I had printed and looking at the wing the 3/4 inch wing tube. Just placed an order for one but it is 36 inches long and the drawing looks like it calls for about 27 inches long tube. I would rather not cut the tube for future use so looking how it will workout if I do not cut it. Unfortunately the 36 inch tube does not reach the next rib. Will have to contemplate what to do.

BalsaDust

Well been looking at the drawings that I had printed and looking at the wing the 3/4 inch wing tube. Just placed an order for one but it is 36 inches long and the drawing looks like it calls for about 27 inches long tube. I would rather not cut the tube for future use so looking how it will workout if I do not cut it. Unfortunately the 36 inch tube does not reach the next rib. Will have to contemplate what to do.

I know I had the next rib out drawn with the hole in it already in case people wanted to carry it out one more bay. I guess one thing for all to remember is to not drill those holes until they have the phenolic in hand that they will use. I drew them to match the phenolic I have in my shop but that might not work out for others.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Had some time on my hands the weather is keeping me indoors so did a little sketching and will be using the full 36 inch long wing tube. Just little work on the end of the sleeve to connect to rib #5. Will start to do a litter work on the wing and see how to make one compartment in each wing for the radio gear. The hatches will have access from the top.