• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I keep looking at the elevator and I am trying to come with a way to install it without cutting the fuselage I know it is not a big deal but it just bugs me. Would like to get it installed without cutting. If the plane did not have a tendency to be tail heavy I would use two small mini servos but that is to much weight.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I keep looking at the elevator and I am trying to come with a way to install it without cutting the fuselage I know it is not a big deal but it just bugs me. Would like to get it installed with cutting. If the plane did not have a tendency to be tail heavy I would use two small muni servos but that is to much weight.
Build it on the airframe.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That can be done just makes covering more of a PITA
One could also make the stab slot just long enough to feed the ele in prior to the stab. Back when I was doing all the Swanyhouse profiles I used a small piece of flat carbon, about 4"-6" long, centered on the ele's l/e to join the two halves.

BalsaDust

Snoopy basically when you cut the le portion of the elevator don’t cut the notch in it for the hardwood joiner. Instead what I have done before is build it all then setup a 1/8” router bit in my dremel with the router attachment and rout a channel about 8” long. Then just glue in a piece of 1/8” carbon and your good to go.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Still glueing in sticks time consuming when you want them all to fit properly and all the angles correct.
Need a small 5 inch bench sander. Yes I know about the Byrnes one looked at it several times but it does not have variable speed. If it did it would definitely be on my work bench. Does anyone have one and what do think of it. Or is another one that I do not know about.

98F21E5E-0E35-4EC7-8D70-7105F6A10407.jpeg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Need a small 5 inch bench sander. Yes I know about the Byrnes one looked at it several times but it does not have variable speed.
I call BS!!!!! lol. There is this little electronic device that goes between the wall outlet and any device that gives it the ability to be variable speed......
I have one on my belt sander and a/c blower motor.

Attachments

• the bs stopper.jpg
    the bs stopper.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I call BS!!!!! lol. There is this little electronic device that goes between the wall outlet and any device that gives it the ability to be variable speed......
I have one on my belt sander and a/c blower motor.

Yup, cheap and very effective. And I have on on my Byrnes sander...........................