• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Glued the end plate to the right wing half. Just have wait for it dry so that all the edges can be sanded flush. Then finish the leading edge.

E5D0FA41-B8EF-4FD6-8991-FDEE8BE96E02.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Both wings are built. Need to make some small Adjustments to the two wing halves so that they fit the fuselage square and flat. This will take some time and patience. Also need to build the second aileron. After that is all done will try to assemble it and see how it all fits. Just thought of one thing need to build some landing gear. Will have to find some 1/8 thick aluminum plate.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well 95% of the wood work is done. Now all that needs to done is alignment and hinging and assembly of the wood work. The rest is the same as many other planes, do not if know it is necessary to show the covering and installation of the equipment that will be like any other ARF, let me know.

C09E6F06-1B16-4CDB-9EF9-87F41E6491B7.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent the day fitting the two wings to the fuselage. I do not know if others do this but I just cannot stand when the wing does not fit tight to the fuselage without any gaps. So I glue and then sand and glue some more balsa and sand until it fits without any gaps and that the wing is square to the fuselage.

910D3715-0599-4BF5-A2FB-E928463FB911.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just did not want to have anything to do with balsa wood for a day or two. So I know I need some landing gear for the plane. Made a quick sketch on the building table and it looks good to me 17 inch prop and additional 3 inches of clearance should do it for me on grass. Sketch says it all.

D0080F38-93E1-444E-96A5-168356945097.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The landing gear is cut shaped and cleaned up all that needs to be done is match the holes to fuselage and put a couple of bends in each gear leg. Just have to make a bending block and then that can be done. One more job done.

47EC3312-911E-42D4-8713-B4F48050C529.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need some help spent the last while trying to bend the landing gear, just cannot get it to budge. Big ass vice big heavy workbench all bolted down. With all my weight and strength could not bent it at all. If anyone has got something or advice it would be appreciated. And yes I did did eat all my spinach.