Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by BalsaDust, May 28, 2019.

1. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Awesome!

2. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Would you be so kind as to snap a photo of your fuselage reinforcements/Wing Tube support structure? Thanks!

3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Hi Nick, ok cannot take a picture because all you will see is the covering. I do know if I built another one what I would do. I can give you a description if you like let me know.

Stevendavis likes this.
  4. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Discript away!!

5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    @AKNick as requested.

Ok the balsa block that supports the wing in the fuselage I would use bass wood with a lot of lightning holes cut into it at the appropriate locations.
    Also cut two root ribs from light plywood with the appropriate amount of lighting holes. Glue them to either side of the fuselage. This gives the wings something to work against and also an extra 3/16 of an inch to the width of the fuselage to support the wing tube.

AKNick likes this.