• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 20cc Giles 202 Profile

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That answered my question on styrofoam slabs looks like you like it but for larger planes. So from all this I can conclude that for the 20cc size you prefer the stick built method.

BalsaDust

That answered my question on styrofoam slabs looks like you like it but for larger planes. So from all this I can conclude that for the 20cc size you prefer the stick built method.
Yes. The foam for the fuse at least does tend to build a bit heavier from what I have seen of others doing it as well. Not a lot but it is there.

BalsaDust

Any progress?

Waiting on the CNC cut sheeting to get back from the cutter before I build the wings. They will be cut to fit my wings exactly. Since my plans are off but just a touch I want to get the sheeting back and assemble it first to verify all my ribs are put in the correct place.

BalsaDust

sheeting.JPG

CNC sheeting is being cut. Can't wait to get it in my hands so I can build the wings

BalsaDust

Man if that all fits together nicely that will save an enormous amount of time. It eliminates edge gluing the sheeting. Does the laser cut square edges or do they need to be touched up with a sanding block.

It's all CNC router cut not laser cut. It's all figured in in the program though. All corners are rounded. Should all fit together nice and tight.