• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Capt Jack's new office with a couple of coats of black. Need some color sanding, then the bit of red/yellow at the front corners and clear, but that'll have to wait as he's going in the trailer for the move to our new home in PA this week. Probably won't be working on him for awhile.....we'll see :(
View attachment 14343
Sitting that far back of the pivot axes, Cap'n Jack is going to be upchucking every time you pull an Alien Wall. Better get him some wet wipes for the windscreen....and his shorts. LOL

Looks "GREAT"!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Resurrecting the Krill build...again :confused:. After getting our move over with and family vacations pretty much done, I've unwrapped the Krill and started to get a little more work done on it.

When I saw an ad for Ohio Superstar's 1/3 scale tailwheel I knew I had to have it. They were nice enough to let me order and examine, and if I didn't think it would work, would refund my $ (minus shipping). Well, how can I say no to that!

When I held it up to the fuse it was perfect....at least the pivot and tailwheel yoke assembly. Very nicely machined aluminum with ball bearing pivot. The 3" wheel was too large so they supplied me with some 2" ones to try. Again, perfect size....but needed to shorten those beautiful yoke arms! So.....into the milling machine and voila!

It comes with a scale-like stacked leaf spring mount, but it was easy to modify a CF spring to fit. Add a couple of compression springs and tada!

Works perfectly, and looks WAY more scale for the Extra 330 than anything else on the market. :cheers:
installed 1.jpg
installed 2.jpg

This is what it looks like out of the package....
Ohio Superstar 1.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Well....it's NOT the Krill, but at least I AM working on something :(. After putting Capt Jack's Raven in a tree on Thanksgiving Day, I've checked over the plane and while at first glance only thought the canopy deck sustained some scuffs and paint damage, it actually was crushed and broken under the glassed sheeting.

Adding more structure beneath and filling was going to add more weight than I wished, so I decided to cut out the damaged areas to install some balsa stringers, re-sheet and glass. Then I can get back to doing a decent paint job....which I never finished before getting into the 2015 competition season!

I'll start dissecting the damage on the wings soon. May post some pics here or start a new thread on it.

I WILL GET BACK TO THE KRILL......repeats again, and again, and again.....:confused:
20151126_105237 cropped w bird.jpg
20151208_120620.jpg
20151208_124722.jpg