• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

I wonder what that bird was thinking.....

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raven

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Some progress....canopy turtle deck repaired and a couple of coats of black on it. So, the fuse has been thoroughly gone over and is ready for flight.
DSC04980.JPG
On to the wings.....well ailerons at least. I was planning on splitting the ailerons this winter and the tree decided to go ahead and do one of them for me! So I finished the job, split the other one, added end plates and some internal cross-bracing. Ready to patch up the covering now.
DSC04985.JPG
Next up is the wings. The left wing faired pretty well, with just some damaged sheeting in a couple of spots. The right wing is worse, with the tip really torn up, and the leading edge at the root looks like a bear took a bite outta it! Although so far it appears all of the spars are OK. Will certainly know more once I start stripping it.
DSC04986.JPG
NOTE to SELF: Stay the hell away from trees STUPID!!!! :mad::lol2:

Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
That would be a good voice command to add to the idle up on your transmitter!! I know only Jeti has this but would be funny.

Curious, had you been previously running three aileron servos or two before you split them?
Just two Futaba 9157's (regulated to 6v) on each aileron. Have never had any problems/blowback, etc. They're rated at 425@6v.

Of course they all have stripped gears now. Getting a box ready to send out to Champaign later this week....they were getting a tad of slop after 3 seasons, so they're due.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Decided to tackle the right wing first, which is the worst. Let's see.....looks like I'll need to make some ribs, shear web repairs, sheeting and new wingtip....that'll pretty much take care of the outer 1/2. The leading edge damage near the root is just a couple of ribs and sheeting.

The left wing will be a piece of cake compared to this one!

Gonna have to think about a scheme for the top......the Raven wing/feathers are a real pain to do. I'll have some time to ponder on it ;).
DSC04987.JPG DSC04988.JPG