• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

M

Matt

Hey Earle... I know where there is a krill that would probably take less time to get flying than this... Just saying :)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Wing root area cleaned up, new nose ribs and leading edge support installed. Ready for some sheeting....but gotta make a hobby shop run as all I have is too thin. On to reconstructing the outer wing ribs and tip.
DSC04989.JPG DSC04990.JPG

reyn3545

100cc
what do you use to pattern the replacement ribs, especially out near the end where each rib is a different size?

M

Matt

@Pistolera I know on the bad site.. Greg popple has one of these ravens for sale for $800 built by mr bunky... If you needed a spare airframe...

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
what do you use to pattern the replacement ribs, especially out near the end where each rib is a different size?
Mike...straight edges, rulers and eyeball! Seriously....that's how I do it, and make patterns on card stock (old cereal boxes work great). The main spar is carbon tubing top and bottom with shear webbing between. The CF tubes extend into the box structure holding the large CF tube. Interestingly that was all glassed in place at the factory!

The tip plate/rib broke off cleanly from it as well as the rear "spar" (that carries the hinges) so my plan is to make up one of these, using the other wing tip as a pattern, then tack it in place. I should be able to then run straight edges and string from it back to the good structure. After that it's a matter of measuring and cutting out card templates for each of the missing ribs. Of course these will be done as front 1/2's and back 1/2's.

Once these are glued in, the wing is sheeted from the leading edge back to the spar. The rear parts of each rib will have cap strips and then covered.

@Pistolera I know on the bad site.. Greg popple has one of these ravens for sale for $800 built by mr bunky... If you needed a spare airframe...
Think I'll pass.....counting the covering i think I may have about $75 in this airframe repair. Not even guessing at the servo repairs :confused:

Last edited: