Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Pistolera, Oct 30, 2014.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Beautiful craftsman ship as always Earle. Really like the way you suspend the fuse for construction. Umm, by the way...those ailerons? Yeah....impeccable my friend. Sure would like to go to Top Gun myself. Maybe someday....

Pistolera and acerc like this.
  2. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Question for those with Bondo 2-part experience.

On the pics I posted above I used the 2-part Bondo Professional spot putty/glazing compound to build up the panel thickness i desired (about as thick as a hotel key card). This stuff flows/spreads very smoothly, and sands easily.

On the other side (no pics...it looks the same) I've used 2-part Bondo Professional body filler which mixes the same (hardener to putty ratios), is somewhat thicker on application, so doesn't quite spread as nice. It is much harder to sand, although still very sandable. Seems to be much less susceptible to dings.

So....I'm thinking the body filler may be a better choice for me, long-term.
    >>>>> What do y'all think ????

3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

The body filler is better for building, and stronger, but as you said is not as smooth or easy to sand as the glaze.

stangflyer and Pistolera like this.
  4. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I like Evercoat. Very light and sandable.

20181204_195022.jpg

Jetpainter, stangflyer and Pistolera like this.
  5. Pistolera

Thanks.... I'm gonna sand off the first side (all glaze) and redo it with the filler.

stangflyer likes this.
  6. Pistolera

Have never tried that.... maybe next project. Got a whole quart of the Bondo filler.

7. Pistolera

Sanded off the spot potty panels and redoing it all with the body filler. Not much to show, as it looks the same in a pic.
    getting closer to paint time though!!!

WMcNabb, Jetpainter and stangflyer like this.