Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Pistolera, Oct 30, 2014.

1. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

You read my mind :yesss:. Better know what your doing or OUCH! :ooh?:

stangflyer and acerc like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Thanks for that very interesting love to own a set just to play with.

stangflyer and 49dimes like this.
  3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Not all that expensive. Under 150.00 for some and about 225.00 for all four wheels on a 1/5th scale car or truck.

stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Have to see if we can get it mounted on the tail wheel.

stangflyer, acerc and 49dimes like this.
  5. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Oh! and about 20 bucks for a beer and burger for Earle for blowing up his build thread :cheers:

Pistolera, stangflyer, acerc and 2 others like this.
  6. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Haha....BEER.....WHERE?!?!?!?!

I still have a set of WhiteRose wheels with disc brakes. Had them on my 42% Raven when I lived in WV. Flew from a paved runway and they did help slow it down. You set the friction drag desired with a screw on the caliper. Just a slight resistance when turning the wheel by hand was all that was needed.

They're too big for the 35% Krill. And I really don't need operable brakes anyway. But those RC buggy things are way cool :attaboy:

49dimes, stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    To make the real disc brakes work you could mix in stopping power to up elevator, as you pull the elevator up it applies the brakes harder and harder. You would be the center of attention. Ok but I am not supplying the number of propellers that will be needed to set it up.

8. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Somehow a little odd the subject of brakes should be the topic of conversation. I have actually been toying with the idea of trying them out on say, maybe the Behemoth Yak. With any good fully proportional radio, a slider switch on the back of the radio programmed with expo should/could prove interesting. I think that is spring project. If it works well, I may consider it for the Tank Stang!

49dimes, Snoopy1 and Pistolera like this.
  9. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Well....I guess I'm fully committed to one servo per aileron! I'll be using a single Futaba A700 on the inboard locations only. These put out 1000 in/oz of torque which will be plenty. To help assure that the single control horn handles the loads, I made up some aluminum mounting plates that capture each horn. There's a steel cross-pin through the control horns just beneath the surface of the pate. These assemblies will be Hysol epoxied in place, including the 4 corner screws that are threaded into the existing hardwood block inside the aileron.
    Aileron horns.jpg
    I thought about just leaving the outboard servo hatch and slots accessible if needed down the road....but then thought "GO FOR IT" and sealed them up, so they'll disappear under the paint. I did make a tracing of their locations just in case I wish to find them at some point in the future...although doubtful :confused:
    Wing & aileron.jpg
    Getting my paint booth set up this week.....YAY:dancing-chicken:

49dimes, WMcNabb, HRRC Flyer and 3 others like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    More than enough torque and like the brackets they are never coming out. You hang the plane of one bracket and then hang on the plane and they will still be connected.