• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHobbyShop 51" AJ Slick

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks like my 3000mAh packs weigh 313g. I hate having to put the batteries in the motor box, so maybe I'll give them a try.

My 2800 mah 4s weigh about 303,
And go on my 48" Yak just fine.
You won't notice them in your 51" Slick

3DNinja

30cc
Looks like i'm on the band wagon! I got a message from Snowdog yesterday, and he told me to bring a spare RX, transmitter and the LiPo he gave me a while back. To my surprise, there it was; a 51" AJ Slick ready to go with everything installed minus my battery and RX. I was astounded when he said its yours! Between him and Gino (another buddy of mine from the field), they had got the plane all going for me. I was told that this was a pay it forward since Gyro had sent Snowdog an airplane in the past. I am proud to have such good flying buddys, and will miss them on my upcoming move.

The flight report: Groovey! feels really light. Its kind of weird flying an electric airplane since i'm used to nitro since I cant hear the engine. Lots of power, and instant response, not that I didn't expect it from an electric but never less really cool! I've been flying a lot of 3D profile airplanes flying strictly slow speed 3D, so I really noticed the wide speed envelope of the Slick. Tracks great and responds awesome at high and low speeds and high AOA. I was having a blast doing pop tops, and was surprised how well she yawed around on her axis at the top since there is not a lot of mass in the wingtips to build up momentum. High alpha knife edge circuits were a blast, with no tendency to snap out that I could see with plenty of rudder to keep it on the engine without flying on the fuse too much. Rolling harriers were just plain relaxing; this is where i really believe she shines. Thrust generated by the rolling wings seem to have me in awe as she just kind of hangs there in the roller, and its a little bit hypnotizing. The wings don't get lazy in a roller either, i could stop it and change directions on a dime and this is probably due to the lack of mass in the wings.

Thank you so much again! You guys are awesome!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks like i'm on the band wagon! I got a message from Snowdog yesterday, and he told me to bring a spare RX, transmitter and the LiPo he gave me a while back. To my surprise, there it was; a 51" AJ Slick ready to go with everything installed minus my battery and RX. I was astounded when he said its yours! Between him and Gino (another buddy of mine from the field), they had got the plane all going for me. I was told that this was a pay it forward since Gyro had sent Snowdog an airplane in the past. I am proud to have such good flying buddys, and will miss them on my upcoming move.

The flight report: Groovey! feels really light. Its kind of weird flying an electric airplane since i'm used to nitro since I cant hear the engine. Lots of power, and instant response, not that I didn't expect it from an electric but never less really cool! I've been flying a lot of 3D profile airplanes flying strictly slow speed 3D, so I really noticed the wide speed envelope of the Slick. Tracks great and responds awesome at high and low speeds and high AOA. I was having a blast doing pop tops, and was surprised how well she yawed around on her axis at the top since there is not a lot of mass in the wingtips to build up momentum. High alpha knife edge circuits were a blast, with no tendency to snap out that I could see with plenty of rudder to keep it on the engine without flying on the fuse too much. Rolling harriers were just plain relaxing; this is where i really believe she shines. Thrust generated by the rolling wings seem to have me in awe as she just kind of hangs there in the roller, and its a little bit hypnotizing. The wings don't get lazy in a roller either, i could stop it and change directions on a dime and this is probably due to the lack of mass in the wings.

Thank you so much again! You guys are awesome!

Glad you enjoyed the Slick, and hope you have a safe move. hooah!!

ryan_m

100cc
The 51 was my transition plane from profiles into actually liking some fatties... had tried a lot of other fatties before and hated them all. But the 51" Slick finally made me like a full fused plane. Be careful... you might find yourself selling off all your profiles!

3DNinja

30cc
The 51 was my transition plane from profiles into actually liking some fatties... had tried a lot of other fatties before and hated them all. But the 51" Slick finally made me like a full fused plane. Be careful... you might find yourself selling off all your profiles!

I highly doubt that haha!

njswede

150cc
No, I was busy crashing my Edge. :) I had the Slick 99% finished, but I didn't want to rush the final details, so I left her at home.