• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
I did when I was out with Pontus and Tim yesterday, the PULL/PULL seems to be much better. My last flight after landing, I noticed that the left aileron was flapping around all alone as the servo arm had come off. I had ordered the Dubro HDs and just hadn't swapped them in yet. I think once I replaced the arms, I am going to trim it and see what happens. I did notice that the CG might also be a bit off. It was pulling to gear in KE yesterday so once I landed I did a quick check. When balancing on the wing tube, it goes tail down with a 6s 3300mah pack. It still was going to tail with a 4400mah in it. What is the correct balance point? I will need to pull the cowl to install some more velcro further up. Anyone else had issue with getting the battery up into the cowl on 6s with the Motrofly?

Pontus - much luck with the repairs!!

Josh, my advice on balance:
Don't focus too much on where it balances on the ground. Get it in the air, trim for level flight at 2/3rd throttle, then flip her over and fly inverted.
If the nose drops, she's nose heavy. If she climbs, tail heavy. Nothing: neutral.
My planes are setup for a pinch forward of neutral, but find what works best for you. And remember, you can always mix a little rudder to elevator for KE flight to fix the tuck if she still does it after you find your preferred balance point.

-G

zmonster97

Here's me flying my 58" edge yesterday! Watch in HD.

[video=youtube;g2AywinICJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2AywinICJ0[/video]

dskuro95

100cc
Can anyone who owns a 58 edge tell me how far it is from the firewall to the outside of the hole in the cowl for the prop? I need to see whether or not I will need spacers.
Thanks

dskuro95

100cc
Can anyone who owns a 58 edge tell me how far it is from the firewall to the outside of the hole in the cowl for the prop? I need to see whether or not I will need spacers.
Thanks

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Thanks

What motor?