• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

joshgluck

100cc
Re: Jersey Huckers (GCA and other 3D-friendly clubs)

Can anyone who owns a 58 edge tell me how far it is from the firewall to the outside of the hole in the cowl for the prop? I need to see whether or not I will need spacers.
Thanks

What motor are you running? I have spacers on my motrofly

joshgluck

100cc
Re: The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Great Pics Gary! Looks like a really nice field too.

What motor?

I've got spacers on the motrofly. Gary and Mike both recommended to me the nylon ones you can get at HD or Lowes. Worked great!

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just need to know the distance from the firewall to the hole in the cowl. But it is the Heads Up RC Firepower 60. It says that the motor length is 2.2 inches. Then it says the shaft is 8mmx 1 inch.

Dan, moved to the 58" thread for continuity.

njswede

150cc
I'm having some problems keeping my batteries from moving around. I fly mine on 4s (and like it) and I have to push the battery almost all the way into the motor box to make it balance. I've strengthened the box with some CF so it can take the forces. The problem is that I can only put a single strap at the very rear end of the battery. Sometimes when I do high-energy maneuvers, I can actually hear thuds from the battery moving around. Not good and a disaster waiting to happen.

Are there any tricks for better battery installation? Maybe SteveT has one of those inserts for this plane?

Jkim

50cc
Is it possible to incorporate sticky back Velcro so you can stick the battery down and then strap it in?