• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 62" Osiris

joshgluck

100cc
Thanks guys. Have been on the fence with the hp dvd so I'm going to just order it.

I am sure I won't notice whether it's +. 5, +1, etc and I guess if I make sure to measure the distances from the wing tube back and on each half of the horizon stab I will be more than fine. Maybe I've been reading too much re trimming for pattern and about incidence.

Oh well, thanks again for the input and support. Will keep you guys posted w pics too...

Josh

Ps I am aware of the different tools for measuring throws vs wing incidence and what makes each unique from each other. In my case I own the former and not the latter, yet. ;-)
I'm telling you if you haven't yet, check the rcg thread and you'll see how many posts talk about incidence.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yeah dude dont worry about checking the incidence, it is pre-set into the jig at the factory and into the laser cut parts. i dont know if it is 0, i heard somewhere (i think) that not all 3dhs planes have 0 incidence, but whatever it is its on purpose. just go fly :D the 62 is one awesome bird

ABLEC6

New to GSN!
I love my 62 Osiris! Going on 12 months since maiden and I have nothing but positive experiences. Makes me look like a much better piolt than I really am! 6S setup as recommended.

Thank you AJ and 3DHS!

joshgluck

100cc
Had another quick question - this is my first real electric plane. Are you all using deans for the battery/esc connection? Also are you using a separate life pack for rx/servos or are you using the BEC on the Castle 100?

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Had another quick question - this is my first real electric plane. Are you all using deans for the battery/esc connection? Also are you using a separate life pack for rx/servos or are you using the BEC on the Castle 100?

both of those questions could take up 20 pages in this forum :D

basically, for connectors use what you are comfortable. if you like deans, they are great. there are also lots of other options, such as ec3, ec5, power poles, bullet connectors, and a ton more. most if not all are very capable. use what you are comfortable crimping/soldering and plugging/unplugging

As far as rx pack vs bec, again its what you are comfortable with. there are plenty of guys, like joe smith, who use rx packs on everything as it gives him piece of mind and has comfort using it. then there are also plenty of guys like me that use bec's on everything. on your setup, i would put a bec pro in there, but again there is nothing wrong with an rx pack. each have their advantages and disadvantages.

gyro

GSN Contributor

Personally, I use EC5 on my 6s and 8s setups. On my 70" Slick / 70" Velox, I used the Castle BEC Pro wired directly from the flight pack battery. No rx pack needed IMO.

-G

ABLEC6

New to GSN!
I use Anderson PowerPoles from powerwerx.com and recommend their crimper. 6s 4400mah. Never had problem 1 and they are easy to connect / disconnect.

BEC pro for me too.

Hope this helps. Whichever you decide, you will love the way this bird flys. Get in the air and fly low!

St3v3

30cc
Its arrived and I've just stated the build :)

Does anyone know the best settings for an IceLite 100, with the slick I had to alter the LVC and other settings, also I've read that something needs to be done with the brake settings.