• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

ryan_m

100cc
Sounds like a winner to me. Never used those servos, but everything else should be great from what I've seen. Specs on the d771's look like plenty of power.

Are we talking the solar 771s? I tried them in a pilot yak and I replaced them all. Lots of blow back. They are very anemic in my servo bench testing.

For budget servos the only ones I have been ok with in 30cc are hitec 5685s. They are on the slow side though, but have lots of torque. My velox has 5565s. I have tried a few different budget setups and have replaced them in the end.

I have had no complaints on the Turnigy 3509MG, but they are almost $50 and are out of stock and overkill for this application.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Think I'm going with the 4325-425 6s5300 geko 125 d771 combo

Sounds like a winner to me. Never used those servos, but everything else should be great from what I've seen. Specs on the d771's look like plenty of power.

I've used the Solar D771's in a 30cc plane and the results were pathetic...on 6v they have almost no torque...at 7.4v they were acceptable.
I know they are cheap, that was the criteria that made me try them...then I had to go 7.4 just to get performance that really didn't even match the published 6v torque numbers. They are really a waste of time and I would not recommend them...especially not in a plane as nice as the Velox. Savox or Hitec would be my choice for this plane.

Something like these are the best choice:

Savox SA-1256TG (these are not budget servos)

My buddy Patrick is selling a set of 5565s if you are willing to go used.

He is getting a new 84" MXS and needs more torque.

ryan_m

100cc
I have a pretty good gas setup on my RCGF 26cc. Having said that I would do it electric next time around. My current one is a little too gunked up from the gasser for my tastes. I am trending back towards electric anyways.

Curious about that RCGF 26cc motor... I have a buddy planning for a gas Velox. His research yielded the following:
DLE 20: 29 oz, 2.5 hp, $250
DLE 20RA: 30 oz, 2.5hp? $285
OS GT 22: 36oz 2.66hp $350
DLE 30: 38oz 3.7hp $285
RCDF 26: 39.6oz 2.6hp $180
DLE 35RA: 41oz 4.1hp $350

Which suggests the RCGF is heavier, and less powerful than others. I know you have said you liked it the best, can you elaborate on why?