• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
All done with the new Edge, just need to cut and mount the cowl.

Looks like I've got some work ahead of me, this cowl (just like the last Edge I bought) is screwed up.

You can see the crappy job the factory did on the ring installation here in this pic of the cowl resting flat on my work bench, and the ring moves up and inward.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388264229.497440.jpg

This is how it looks on the plane:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388264351.097455.jpg

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
My rudder hinge made the same pop for the first few flights and has now smoothed out. Was worried at first but now a non issue.

I've officially lost both canopy pins now, but replaced with carbon arrow shafts. The wood pins were wearing quickly anyway.

18 flights on mine so far and like the BigFoot the pros outweigh the cons. Made the jump to a 24x9 Falcon today too but honestly think I love the snappyness of the 23x9. I'm getting the 6500rpm I'm supposed to but just "feels" less explosive... Maybe it's something I just need to get used to but either way this baby rocks!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388276217701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388276217701.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 199

gyro

GSN Contributor
My rudder hinge made the same pop for the first few flights and has now smoothed out. Was worried at first but now a non issue.

I've officially lost both canopy pins now, but replaced with carbon arrow shafts. The wood pins were wearing quickly anyway.

18 flights on mine so far and like the BigFoot the pros outweigh the cons. Made the jump to a 24x9 Falcon today too but honestly think I love the snappyness of the 23x9. I'm getting the 6500rpm I'm supposed to but just "feels" less explosive... Maybe it's something I just need to get used to but either way this baby rocks!!!

I hear ya...

I setup the inside the same as the last one, and used the same choke bell crank.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388280009.023473.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388280019.523299.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388280029.357185.jpg

I'm sure once I get the kinks worked out, it'll fly great like the last one did.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Glad to see you get a second one......I am surprised the fuselage box fit in a van. I had to borrow a truck to get mine to the house.

Thanks! Between some reward points and the free shipping on the 15th, it was worth the money :)

How is your build going, haven't seen any updates?

Yowzilla

50cc
Mine did the same. I did not see any miss alignment of the hinges at all. But what I did to fix it was to use a very thin pry tool to push the hinge rod into the balsa. If you look close at what is causing the pop it is hinge rod popping from one side to the other. By pushing the rod into the wood and creating a seat for the rod to stay in, it eliminates the pop.

Here is a pic of the pry tool I used. It is for opening up iPads.

rudder.jpg

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Hot Tip! I saw Gary Hoffman's DA-60 choke rod mount that he made for himself, and ask him to make me a few. They work great on mine and gives you more room in the inside of the motor box and is less complicated to setup.

011.jpg 015.jpg