• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

R Nick

50cc
3DHS 92" Edge:)
Ready to fly 17# 8oz
Awesome ARF Quality is top notch she went together fast and easy

Attachments

• IMG_3548.JPG
    IMG_3548.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3547.JPG
    IMG_3547.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3551.JPG
    IMG_3551.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3543.JPG
    IMG_3543.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3546.JPG
    IMG_3546.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3549.JPG
    IMG_3549.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3550.JPG
    IMG_3550.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3545.JPG
    IMG_3545.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 209

SnowDog

Hey Randy, nice pics as usual ;) Good to hear from you...hope you and Catherine and your whole family had a nice holiday.

Yowzilla

50cc
T minus 3 hours before I get off these flying tin cans in the sky and get back to my Edge. Wireless on planes does keep the world small. Passing the time reading on 3DRC at 34k feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yowzilla

50cc
I did a quick search but did not find any clear posts on Prop drilling. I got one of the guides for a DLE55 that I am 90% sure will work with my GP-61.
Is prop drilling such a no brainer that it is hard to screw up? I have the following questions:

Balance prop before drilling?
Drill both spinner back plate and prop at same time?
How do you insure spinner holes and prop line up?
Do you align two of the holes in line with prop or 45 degrees off.....?

propdrill.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
I did a quick search but did not find any clear posts on Prop drilling. I got one of the guides for a DLE55 that I am 90% sure will work with my GP-61.
Is prop drilling such a no brainer that it is hard to screw up? I have the following questions:

Balance prop before drilling?
Drill both spinner back plate and prop at same time?
How do you insure spinner holes and prop line up?
Do you align two of the holes in line with prop or 45 degrees off.....?

View attachment 19935

Drilling with the spinner backplate makes it easier, as it the guides center shaft is longer than the thickness of the plate, so you'd need another prop or piece of wood anyway.

I recommend a drill press, as even though the job helps keep the bit relatively straight.... But it's still possible to introduce enough angle to make the bolts mis-align.... don't ask me how I know :(

I try and still my prop with this bolt alignment, so the prop is at about 2:00 for stating:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388725496.384195.jpg

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Drilling with the spinner backplate makes it easier, as it the guides center shaft is longer than the thickness of the plate, so you'd need another prop or piece of wood anyway.

I recommend a drill press, as even though the job helps keep the bit relatively straight.... But it's still possible to introduce enough angle to make the bolts mis-align.... don't ask me how I know :(

I try and still my prop with this bolt alignment, so the prop is at about 2:00 for stating:
View attachment 19936

I would check that the holes in the dle 55 drill guide line up with the prop bolts on the engine by running the bolts through the guide into the engine first. In my experience it my look close but may be slightly different.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would check that the holes in the dle 55 drill guide line up with the prop bolts on the engine by running the bolts through the guide into the engine first. In my experience it my look close but may be slightly different.

Good suggestion!

For me, the DLE 55 bolt pattern does align with me GP61 :)