• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nope- make it happen mike! Peer pressure! Look at that classic scheme in fantastic condition just staring at you from across Lake Michigan! :)

Josh, who knows, that other $1200 may be his kid's college fund, or something else important!

Re: 3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

I need to stop thinning about planes I'm english class and focus... Lol, I need to go fly...

quadracer

100cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Just got back from putting 3 packs through my 48 Edge with the new Omega 130 motor. Why didn't someone tell me to get this plane flying again sooner? :) I was having a ball, I mixed some flaps in, and was able to dive from about 50', hit the flaps and pull elevator at the same time, and it pitched the plane SSSSOOOOOO quick, it was like throwing a parachute out. I did it a few times and it pitched up perfectly into a hover about head-high. Then my hands started tingling from the cold, so I decided to pack it in.

My packs weren't quite completely charged, but as a first impression, the Omega seems a bit weak compared to the Eflite Power 25 I had in it. Still enough power to have a boatload of fun with though. I'll get a better assessment this weekend though.

gyro

GSN Contributor

Just got back from putting 3 packs through my 48 Edge with the new Omega 130 motor. Why didn't someone tell me to get this plane flying again sooner? :) I was having a ball, I mixed some flaps in, and was able to dive from about 50', hit the flaps and pull elevator at the same time, and it pitched the plane SSSSOOOOOO quick, it was like throwing a parachute out. I did it a few times and it pitched up perfectly into a hover about head-high. Then my hands started tingling from the cold, so I decided to pack it in.

My packs weren't quite completely charged, but as a first impression, the Omega seems a bit weak compared to the Eflite Power 25 I had in it. Still enough power to have a boatload of fun with though. I'll get a better assessment this weekend though.

Which prop, on how many cells?

quadracer

100cc

APC 14x7, 3S 2200 30c batts. Same as I ran before, only difference being the motor. - wait a minute, it's a different esc, too... I might need to play with a bit.
And there's the possibility that I'm unaccustomed to the Edge, not having flown it for ~6 months.